The minor annoyances thread

Missy

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Consider yourself fortunate, Dubs. You didn't have to sweep up a pair of dirty, soiled panties that someone left in the middle of the floor of the store I work at tonight. :sick:

Wow. You my good man are awesome for cleaning that up. Sounds fucking disgusting. What kind of store do you work in?

A supermarket. Why the fuck would someone bring soiled panties into a grocery store?!

Consider yourself fortunate, Dubs. You didn't have to sweep up a pair of dirty, soiled panties that someone left in the middle of the floor of the store I work at tonight. :sick:

Wow. You my good man are awesome for cleaning that up. Sounds fucking disgusting. What kind of store do you work in?

A supermarket. Why the fuck would someone bring soiled panties into a grocery store?!

You mean you don't? Christ man, how do you get any shopping done?

Listen, I'm a twenty-two year old boy who reads more comics than books and watches more cartoons than real TV, so maybe I'm not really qualified to judge what's normal, healthy social interaction for a college student. But I'm well aware that a group of eighteen to twenty-somethings should not being... playing with Pokemon beanie babies in the middle of the commons. I know that the trading cards are expensive, and the video games even more so, but if you don't want to be treated like social pariahs, don't act like it. On the other end of the spectrum, or course, are the gentlemen of the fraternity down the hall. Drinking and partying late into the night, noise and vomit and cars in the driveway blocking traffic.

I'm just wondering what happened to the normal, well balanced human beings.

Grr. Annoyed at one of my subjects that fails to really spark interest but still requires a lot of close reading and attention. Also annoyed at the dotty woman running the course who dresses like an off-brand Doctor Who. Even more annoyed that I'm in freaking university and somehow actually answering questions and getting into discussions on subjects is a no-no for most students. This isn't your fucking GCSE's and you won't get called a keener by anyone, just speak up and if you don't feel confidant answering a question why not ask one?

Seriously, most people who know me know I'm a quiet guy normally but I can completly fail to do any of the reading for a seminar, skim it for ten minutes and come up with twenty things to say about it in class. I really feel at this stage people should be making me look bad for my natural inabilitly to do work on time and no-one is. There isn't a seminar leader or lecturer who wouldn't admit that I'm the most outspoken, knowlegable and insightful person in their class, or at least top three, and its purely because I've got the balls to speak.

I've been lobotomised by eight years of television without academic pursuits exacerbating my already crippling laziness. These kids should have no excuse.

I just spent a week doing a reading and collecting together notes for a 2000 word essay thats due in on Monday. When I arrive at the seminar the module leader hears out my idea and tells me its very good and very well thought out, and would make a good dissertation. Which is a nice way of saying scrap that and go simple, be inventive but just say what we've already taught you. Over the next half hour I sketched out a brand new essay on the same question, presented it and got it approved. Now I have until monday to do not only this essay and the research practically from scratch but I also have to complete a 1500 word essay doing a close reading for another subject.

University is hard.

As per the schedule we set up three weeks ago, the phone company was supposed to have our phone hooked up on the day we moved in, Saturday and internet on Monday (two days ago).

I called Monday and they said Tuesday for both.

I called yesterday and after waiting on hold while the person checked what was going on for 25 minutes, she comes back on the phone to tell me this: "the person who was supposed to set up your account didn't finish." Translation: "they didn't do their job and now you can't have a reliable phone to tell you how your mom who has pneumonia is doing or to let you know if there's an emergency." They said that person was on shift but on a break and that they would call me later, well, that was about 16 hours ago.

Red lantern ring glowing.

Update: apparently you just have to call the right person. three minutes on the phone and now I'll have phone and internet in two hours. Lovely.

PLus, the conversation ended thusly:

Me: "thanks so much"

Her: "Have a great day"

Me: "You too."

Her: "Love you."

:shocked:

Occasionally when I worked at restaurants I would answer the phone at home like I would at work but that was a little crazy.