The minor annoyances thread

Missy

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear Japanese Prof,

When your response to my email telling you that a friend of mine died last night and I didn't know if I'd be able to be in class today is that you hope I'll be in class and that I'd have only been excused if an immediate family member died, no condolences or anything, I will skip your class on fucking PRINCIPLE.

No love,

Me.

Reason #459879 the world hates me.

My car is dying. I bought it brand new 7 years ago and it's done nothing but give me problems from day one. Now it's sputtering when I accelerate, and sometimes it will simply stop accelerating altogether.

I have very little money to pay for any sort of repairs until next Friday, and I have an hour commute to work every morning.

Life is grand.

I feel your pain, Dubs. I once owned a late 80's diesel Mercedes Benz tank that had one thing after another go wrong with it from the first day my parents bought it all the way to when we got rid of the fucking pile of junk. And of course, it being a Mercedes, those repairs were hideously expensive. I think we spent almost $20,000 fixing it.

The worst hardcore band in the world is playing in the backyard down the street. They can never get any real gigs, so they proceed to invite over 40 of their douchebag friends and play a set that's apparently scheduled to end sometime around 2014.

How these idiots haven't been evicted, I'll never know.

The worst hardcore band in the world is playing in the backyard down the street. They can never get any real gigs, so they proceed to invite over 40 of their douchebag friends and play a set that's apparently scheduled to end sometime around 2014.

How these idiots haven't been evicted, I'll never know.

Coincidentally I've got a band playing at work tonight. I'm not sure what kind of music they play since they are still setting up and are just riffing right now. It's a bunch of early 20somethings.

edit: Found out their name is Catch the Rabbit. Good musicians, but need a sound engineer bad.

When you finally get some sleep, after four hours of people banging on your front door, what do you want to happen?

Why the fucking fire alarm.

I hate student flats and I don't even live here.

Long story.

Also, when your banging on the door, and someone walks up to the door to open it, get the fuck out of their way you fucking tool.

Guest DCAUFan1051

At first it was the internet service that kept losing signal...... now apparently it's my computer. I know I have no viruses, AVG would have caught them, I know it's not a malware issue malwarebytes would have caught that. Either my network card is fried or I just don't fucking know anymore. This thing is about 7 years old, however 2 years ago I paid $548 to get eerything fixed/replaced. Plus at the time I was told it would be the fast thing alive (next to The Flash)

Now apparently everything is running slower then molasses and I found out that I don't have the memory I used to. So basically the PC store I took it to have it rebuilt stole my fuckin memory!

ugh... I want a Mac!

So, I feel like shit. There's flu going around, and it seems likely that I have a touch of it. Of course, I can't seek medical attention, because our campus's policy is as follows: If you are showing flu symptoms, you are put in quarantine until said flu passes.

Tomorrow is opening night for the show, I can't afford to be in quarantine, so I'm just not seeking medical attention. If I die, the school is getting so sued.

So, I feel like shit. There's flu going around, and it seems likely that I have a touch of it. Of course, I can't seek medical attention, because our campus's policy is as follows: If you are showing flu symptoms, you are put in quarantine until said flu passes.

Tomorrow is opening night for the show, I can't afford to be in quarantine, so I'm just not seeking medical attention. If I die, the school is getting so sued.

That's how zombie movies start...

Yeah, university health services seem to be a study in extremes. According to our idiotic nurse out here, you're only sick if you have 103 degree fever, and you can get mono recurrences.

Also, as much as I love our lady janitor for being able to put up with our floor's somewhat disgustingness (any woman being willing to put up with puke all over deserves so much love), I'd really, really like her to be quiet when she's doing her work at seven in the morning. I like sleeping, goddamnit.