The minor annoyances thread

Missy

So, I feel like shit. There's flu going around, and it seems likely that I have a touch of it. Of course, I can't seek medical attention, because our campus's policy is as follows: If you are showing flu symptoms, you are put in quarantine until said flu passes.

Tomorrow is opening night for the show, I can't afford to be in quarantine, so I'm just not seeking medical attention. If I die, the school is getting so sued.

That's how zombie movies start...

Cool, I get to be patient zero.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Contra is one of the most notoriously difficult series in existence. There is no shame.

^This. And even as hideously hard as Contra is, the one game from my childhood that takes the cake for unnecessarily stupidly difficult gameplay is Marble Madness.

"Alright, almost at the end, just one last... fuck you game."

I just love having finished making a music video, only to find that when it's been converted to a video file, the audio track is like .13 seconds off in one place and .08 in another, and consequently, nothing syncs up correctly. Really, I LOVE that shit.

Suicide.gif

Well, at least you caught it. I've seen enough AMVs on youtube where the person who made it never bothered to try and do a good syncing job or didn't notice it. At least you care enough to notice and try to make a fix and that makes you rock infinitely more than most of them.

I just love having finished making a music video, only to find that when it's been converted to a video file, the audio track is like .13 seconds off in one place and .08 in another, and consequently, nothing syncs up correctly.

Are you using Windows Movie Maker?

And are the video and audio edited already?

If so, I'd be more than happy to see if I can use iMovie to try and put the video and audio together and export the file correctly.

Yeah, I use WMM because it's so easy, and I'm just not into a ridiculous amount of special effects (as any of my previous 8 AMV's will show). Actually, I think I have fixed at least the first half of my problem, and now I just have to fix the end part of the video. I've had to basically extend certain clips by .07-.10 seconds and publish the video over and over again to see if it comes out alright. Not efficient in the slightest, but it's the only way I can be certain each part is aligned properly. Point is, when I'm motivated enough, shit gets done. PimpSmiley.gif

The person who assured me when the last train home last night was out by an hour. So with no sleeping bag prepared, I spent last night trying to sleep on a floor with a soaked coat and trainers from the wet journey to and from the train station. I'm amazed I'm still awake.

I had to remove a couple people from Facebook. I don't care if you are a Christian or not, but if all you are going to do is quote scripture goodbye. I don't care about your politics either, and if all you are going to do is post one sided "news stories", then goodbye.

I friend people because I:

A. know them in real life

B. want to know what's going on in heir lives

not because I wanted to be preached at. Fuck anybody who does that.

I had to remove a couple people from Facebook. I don't care if you are a Christian or not, but if all you are going to do is quote scripture goodbye. I don't care about your politics either, and if all you are going to do is post one sided "news stories", then goodbye.

I friend people because I:

A. know them in real life

B. want to know what's going on in heir lives

not because I wanted to be preached at. Fuck anybody who does that.

Why wouldn't you just select the "remove from news feed" option? I have about half my Facebook friend list blocked from my list, but I don't delete them.

And no offense, but deleting people just because you disagree with them is pretty damned disrespectful as well.

I've done it. Facebook isn't a religious/political platform, I go there to recreate, not skim over piles of enraging, one-sided bullcrap.

Hmm.

Well, that's a good point.

I don't really hold that view, since facebook is a social networking site where people spread ideas. I have no problem with it being a platform for people expressing themselves in any way they feel like.

But hey, if that's not your cup of tea, then it's not your cup of tea.

Personally I wish Facebook would die a quick painful death. I had a bet with a friend that it would be dead by last Christmas, I was probably 1 or 2 years too early, but hey, it will die.

Really? Die is sort of a strong word. I mean, Myspace is still kicking. It's not as popular as it used to be, obviously, but that's just because something newer and brighter came along.

After Myspace there was Facebook. After Facebook there was Twitter. After Twitter, there will be something else. As long as there are people who think their opinions are important, society will find newer and flashier ways to share these opinions with increasingly larger groups of folks that don't give a shit.

Others - like most of the people I know - see these things as a way to take stupid quizzes and share a laugh with some friends. Perish the thought.