The Doctor Who thread

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I liked it okay. Twelve dealing with a small adorable child and then later basically having the TARDIS turned into a schoolbus was pretty entertaining. Also cool: the message about children with mental problems being legitimately special rather than simply messed up.

The ending with the girl showing up out of nowhere, though... I mean, what?

That first quarter of the episode with the Doctor and an evil Clara had me at the edge of my seat. That was a FANTASTIC first half. Slowed down a bit, but I was still riveted and was trying to find out what the hell was going on. Agree with damndirtyape in that I was hoping Misi would've been Romana or the Rani, but it was still a great reveal. Capaldi looked absolutely horrified. Even the final scenes with Clara and Danny got me going. Excellent acting all around.

For me, we haven't spent enough time with Clara and Danny for those early scenes to tug at my heartstrings. The confrontation between Clara and The Doctor was really well acted, especially Capaldi's responses, but I didn't buy Clara being pushed far enough to attempt something like that.

I got spoiled on the Master reveal, which didn't really bug me because everyone and their mother had guessed that Missy was The Master. It was funny talking about the episode with a friend of mine, because we both thought at the same time that the modern Master is movie Lex Luthor. Three appearances, three times he's attacked The Doctor by perverting the human race. I mean, as getting back at The Doctor goes, that's the way to do it, but something different would have been nice. I guess the difference is that this time it will stick? I'm not sure how I feel about the romantic aspect, because it's one of those fan jokes that gets made into fact. I like Michelle Gomez quite a bit and Capaldi nailed The Doctor's reaction to the reveal (though why didn't he notice the hearts?). I'm sure there's more to The Master's plan and I'm hoping it pays off.

For me, we haven't spent enough time with Clara and Danny for those early scenes to tug at my heartstrings. The confrontation between Clara and The Doctor was really well acted, especially Capaldi's responses, but I didn't buy Clara being pushed far enough to attempt something like that.

I'll agree with that. It seemed extreme for extreme's sake. I'd almost buy it from Amy moreso than Clara.

They just upped the quality this week.

Thought it would have been a better reveal if we never saw the cybermen in the trailer last week. Love that the logo for 3W was the cybers eyes. Brilliant. Loved Michelle Gomez, kinda wished she was the Rani rather than the Master but maybe that will grow on me.

I was wishing the same thing as well.