The Doctor Who thread

Nah, my friends flipped their wig when we watched it too.

If anything was gonna come of it, they would've gone through with it. Also, cheap way of doing it, but it establishes more the cold feet thing (which I think anyone might have in their situation).

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm seeing a lot of online chatter objecting to the fact that the Doctor is quite clearly and emphatically saying "no", as Amy cheerfully ignores him and tries to take his suspenders off. It's a funny scene IMHO, but I totally understand the objection. If the genders had been reversed, the hue and cry would be deafening.

See, I don't see it as more of the same old romance angle everyone's so sick of.

Amy was pretty clear she was just looking for someone for the night.

I read it as her making a definitive choice, not just for the night but for the rest of her life.

She says she is not looking for anything long term before she sticks her tongue down his throat.

Welcome to my world!

I won't deny that I found this episode confusing, but there were some great moments in it. Didn't mind the ending either, as it's clearly a bit different to the Rose/Martha syndromes as previously displayed.

So, last night, me and a friend came up with an idea: River Song used to be the Master's Companion. She has time traveled by the time of the "Time of Angels." For that matter, she says that she learned how to fly a TARDIS from the best and that it wasn't the Doctor. Now, there's a chance that, yes, she was joking but then, who else would know how to work the TARDIS. She also killed a good man. The last time we saw the Master, that's something he was on his way to being. So, it's just a theory and doesn't have quite as much behind it but it is a thought.

Next week looks really interesting, quite outside the norm for Who. This week was fine, good performance by Matt Smith, although I wouldn't have complained if it were only about 30 minutes long rather than 48. Really wasn't much to it overall.

Good episode though some moments seemed like they were treading familiar ground.

I did enjoy the design of the "vampires." I also like how this series's mystery is definitely deepening. Also, Rory has grown on me quite a bit over the course of one episode. I was afraid he would just become Mickey 2 but no, he definitely feels different.

Least favourite episode so far.

Really dull in places and Mickey- I mean Rory, served little purpose.

Also, is there something in Karen Gillan's contract that mandates she can never wear trousers? I'm not really complaining, but her choices of attire don't really lend themselves much to adventuring, not to mention that you can't just walk around like that in 1580 Venice without being noticed.

The Tenth Doctor: The Musical

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

This is the best YouTube video I've ever seen.