What are you watching and enjoying?

SuaveStar

Re Sky High I was going to compare it to Harry Potter ie what would people be saying if the sorting hat sorted everyone into worthwhile people and the useless ones, wouldn't everyone be talking about how inherently wrong that was. Then I remembered, that's pretty much what Hufflepuff was for.

If Bruce Campbell voiced the sorting hat, it would take Harry Potter to a whole new level of awesome.

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I got the One Piece: Strong World dvd yesterday after months of waiting to watch it (came out in Japan in December). I watched it twice, and I am watching it again now. I love it so. damn. much.

Three main points:

• This thing is pure eye candy. The animation is great and the colors are vibrant and beautiful. The costumes are sooo fun. And also made of sex.
  • The story is tightly packed. The pacing feels a little too rushed in some places, but it gets better later on.
  • The soundtrack is fantastic. It feels fresh, and new, and shiney, and awesome.

68wiad.gif10qcfwj.gif

p.s.

I love how the above comments have degenerated into a Harry Potter dicussion. Awesome.

Re Sky High I was going to compare it to Harry Potter ie what would people be saying if the sorting hat sorted everyone into worthwhile people and the useless ones, wouldn't everyone be talking about how inherently wrong that was. Then I remembered, that's pretty much what Hufflepuff was for.

If Bruce Campbell voiced the sorting hat, it would take Harry Potter to a whole new level of awesome.

GRYFFINDOR!!!!!! (Harry flies across the room)

Clue is a crap movie, bar the awesomeness of Tim Curry.

Hot Tub Time Machine: It was like they got the title first, and then thought of the plot and script three years later. Crap.

Gran Torino: Clint Eastwood is the fucking man. However I do have a slight complaint:

I feel it would have been better if the rape of the girl was implied, and not actually said if she was or wasn't. The ending was fucking brilliant though.

Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid: Yeah.....this was bloody boring. I actually contemplated just turning this off during.

Clue is a crap movie, bar the awesomeness of Tim Curry.

Yeah, Austen, you're fired. Your severence package in a ham sandwich. You should receive it in 6-8 weeks.

Seriously, you didn't like Clue? I hate you so much it's like:

6-8 weeks? That better be a damn fine sandwich.

But yeah, it didn't really have anything going for it, bar Tim Curry who can pretty just be reading the phone book and make it awesome.

That's it. I'm flying to Scotland and beating Suave with a piece of rebar. Clue is the straw that broke the camel's back.

:smilewinkgrin:

Whenever I think I should be offended, I just remember that Suave was the guy that said he'd fuck the Golden Girls, and I just smile and nod.

Ah memories.

I've gone back to powering through Dexter. I'm watching season 3 now.

I always thought series 3 was the best, as it had Dexter in a new light, then the awesomeness of series 4 came.

I just watched the first hour of Kick Ass, and I was disappointed. I liked it more than the comic, but that wasn't saying much.

The main character was an unlikable prick, and I am sick of seeing that style of character being the main character, people you are just unable to get behind and care about. I don't know where the idea that your main character has to be just an ass to be interesting, but when I cannot stand the main person in the film, I do not give a fuck about their progression. If the person is knocked down, and all I can do is wonder if I have time to go get a drink before anything interesting happens, you've got a crap character.

If this was meant to be a comedy, then why is it, the first time I left was exactly one hour in, when the kid from Superbad hurt his leg during a jump.

Hit Girl was alright, but nothing special. Nic Cage was awesome when he was just daddy, but when he was Big Daddy, he was just alright. I could see the Adam West things other people have said, but Adam West talked the same way when he was Batman and when he was Bruce Wayne.

Also:

He revealed his identity and got the girl, I really hated that. It was the one thing I felt the comic got right, I was sick of the superhero revealing his identity and getting the girl during Batman Forever, and I am just bored rigid by it here.

The guy from Superbad was awesome, and that change I felt was awesome from the book. Instead of heel turning out of nowhere, it makes sense why is plotting against Kick Ass, for his fathers attention.

All in all, I still need to watch the rest of the film, but I'm in no hurry to.

Suavestar, why do you watch films if you don't like them?

I've got like 200 films on a rental list, and I get sent them at random, some are films I want to see, and others I've heard are good, and some that look interesting on paper. And am just posting my thoughts on them, good or bad.

Mostly bad it seems. ;)

Hit Girl was alright, but nothing special.

WHAT?!?

I get it now. You live in backwards-ville. That's the only thing that makes sense.

Well, in that case, I totally agree! :D

When they were in their civilian identities, I thought they were awesome. But when they were Hit Girl and Big Daddy, I just couldn't care about them. You either go full West, or you don't bother, there is no halfway.

Like the bit where she's playing with the knife and saying "Daddy look at me!" I really liked that.