What are you watching and enjoying?

SuaveStar

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't know what scares me more: That I've been watching iCarly today or that I'm enjoying it?

If memory serves, iCarly was one of the tweenage TV series that got a bunch of the high-level writers that desperately needed work at the time. So yeah, it's a lot better than the other stereotypical drivel on Nick and Disney.

I don't know what scares me more: That I've been watching iCarly today or that I'm enjoying it?

If memory serves, iCarly was one of the tweenage TV series that got a bunch of the high-level writers that desperately needed work at the time. So yeah, it's a lot better than the other stereotypical drivel on Nick and Disney.

Plus, it has a genuinely talented cast, which is somewhat rare with such shows.

I would say yes. Like I said it's four hours long and every film gets its due. There is some overlap with the Never Sleep Again doc that was done on the first film, but from there it's all new on the other films (as far as I know). It's not all continuous praise either, as the interviewees have some negative things to say. You get to hear from the cast and crew about the gay (not so) subtext of Part 2, insight into the effects of pretty much all the films, and there's an absolutely hilarious interview moment during the Freddy vs. Jason portion. Definitely worth the buy.

I would say yes. Like I said it's four hours long and every film gets its due. There is some overlap with the Never Sleep Again doc that was done on the first film, but from there it's all new on the other films (as far as I know). It's not all continuous praise either, as the interviewees have some negative things to say. You get to hear from the cast and crew about the gay (not so) subtext of Part 2, insight into the effects of pretty much all the films, and there's an absolutely hilarious interview moment during the Freddy vs. Jason portion. Definitely worth the buy.

I'll look into importing it then. Thanks, Chris.

Gremlins- Fun kiddie-scare slapstick. Exactly the sort of niche film that would never get made in this day and age (like Back to the Future).

Gremlins 2- Figured it was just a straight sequel until they decided to utterly shatter the 4th wall. Hulk Hogan saving the movie was AWESOME.

Gremlins- Fun kiddie-scare slapstick. Exactly the sort of niche film that would never get made in this day and age (like Back to the Future).

Gremlins 2- Figured it was just a straight sequel until they decided to utterly shatter the 4th wall. Hulk Hogan saving the movie was AWESOME.

I loved the first one. The second one was way too over the top.

After Resurrection Ship, BSG seems to be really diving in quality, fast.

Oh yeah, you can skip Black Market. Nothing happens in it and it's recognized as one of the two worst episodes of the series. That said, you're coming up to a bunch of the best. That said, I find 2.5 to be some of the best of the show. Scar is probably the best development episode for Starbuck. Epiphanies was where Laura Roslin went from being one of my favorite characters to being my favorite. That said, yes, Sacrifice, The Captain's Hand, and Black Market kinda failbut at least two of them have plot development. That and after them you have Downloaded which is just phenomenal and Lay Down Your Burdens which is where the drama really hits it's stride. I will admit, if you're watch BSG for action, you will be kinda disappointed by some of this stuff but then, if you're watching BSG for action, you're missing the point.

I felt like Epiphanies was a quick "Oh crap! Quickly someone come up with a technobabble cancer cure!" "Magic Cylon blood?" "Brilliant!"

I really loved the whole angle where the other Number Six was orchestrating that "peace" group, and the twist at the end was cool, but all the Roslin stuff really felt crammed in there. I think a big thing right now is that these feel like filler episodes to me. They just dropped all mention of Pegasus for the most part, which is really aggravating me. I'm wondering what's happening over there after Black Market, the ship must be falling into chaos.

Scar would've been nicer if they fit it a bit better into the BSG universe. It felt a lot more like a generic TV Show about pilots, than an episode of Battlestar Galactica. Larry from Eureka didn't help, as I had no sympathy for him. (Eureka really clouded me on his character, and I almost laughed when he died.) I felt no danger in the episode either. I don't think the "Scar" Raider, or the raiders themselves were given enough character or time for me to care.

Another thing that is really pissing me off is the DRAMATIC OPENER- ...48 hours ago... type storytelling. I despise in any TV series as much as Mike hates flashbacks, almost more so. And getting it two episodes in a row just makes me fume!

Action-wise, I really enjoy it in this series, and I think it is very well done... but I can deal with space battles being only every now and then as they look insanely expensive.