What are you watching and enjoying?

SuaveStar

Scream - Never seen any of these, but I'm ten minutes in and I already know who the killer is.

Scream was the movie that helped me get over my fear of scary movies. It's definitely better if you view it as a horror film with comedic attributes.

I just got done watching The Room. My friend Malex came up with a theory involving fractal realities and all this other crazy shit. I think it's a way of coping with how big of a shitstorm the movie is but that's just me. The sad thing is that I can honestly see myself watching it again someday.

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I also started to come up with alternate motivations for many of the characters. Lisa is a succubus feeding off of Johnny and Mark. Lisa's mother used to be a prostitute until she accidentally got knocked up. Peter is a gay hitman and the reason he disappears from the movie is that he had a job to pull off. Johnny himself also works as a hitman but his cover job is at a bank.

Scream - Never seen any of these, but I'm ten minutes in and I already know who the killer is.

Yeah, called it. For a deconstruction of a genre, it's pretty goddamn predictable.

Might check out the other ones at some point.

Yeah, called it. For a deconstruction of a genre, it's pretty goddamn predictable.

Second one is good, third is utterly forgettable. Really Scream is a campy love letter to the genre. The sheer weight of references throughout is intimidating, almost everything relates in some way to a classic slasher.

Second one is good, third is utterly forgettable. Really Scream is a campy love letter to the genre. The sheer weight of references throughout is intimidating, almost everything relates in some way to a classic slasher.

Yeah. The first two are enjoyable. The third feels like Craven and the cast are singing "We're in the money....shoot the kill.."

I cannot wait to see how fucking stupid the fourth one will be. As they get a lot more convoluted with the killers each time.

Working my way through Season 2 of Chuck. The first half of the series had some pretty crappy episodes, but around episode 10, it got a lot better.

Also, the Christmas eve hostage episode, had the cop from Die Hard, as a cop dealing with a hostage situation on Christmas eve, words can't describe how awesome that was.

Edit: Just finished the series. And, the last two episodes were a little bit of a letdown, but most of the rest was awesome. Onto series 3.

Edited by SuaveStar

A Nightmare on Elm Street 2010 - Originally I posted something snarky, but after sleeping on it, I decided it was in fact worth it to post why I hated this film. In short: the main characters have no personality and give no inclination that they are friends, Nancy has none of the smarts or strength of the original, the parents are non-existent, the film can't decide between the sinister Freddy of the original or the jokester Freddy of the later films, the kills are uninspired and lack the imagination the series is known for, the micro-naps rob the film of suspense, the acting is poor, the use of CGI effects adds nothing particularly scary to the film, the use of jump scares is overdone, and the parts remade from the original pale in comparison. There was one original Freddy moment I liked and the flashbacks were unsettling, but apart from those brief moments, there was nothing redeeming about this film.

Finished up Teen Titans a few days back. The moment where the Titans help BB get to the Brain while a a version of the Teen Titans theme was playing gave me chills and a grin from ear-to-ear. Trouble in Tokyo was also quite good. While not the best DC-Animated Movie, it certainly was the funnest IMO.

Hey, has anyone watched Farscape? Recently got into it. The show is so weird it's like having a high for about 45 minutes.