SuaveStar

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Walking Dead

I say enjoying, this is REALLY uncomfortable to watch. The sheer amount of silence just makes the ever present threat even worse.

Wait, I thought that wasn't on until Halloween? Or is that just Stateside?

Either way, can't wait to see this.

It was provided by a broadband elf.

Iron Man 2 When I saw this in the cinema, I loved it. However, on second viewing, its not that great. Inferior to the first one, by a ling shot, and it just wasn't as fun. Whiplash getting an Iron Man style costume looked good in the cinema on the big screen, but watching at home, I asked myself "Why did that suit feel like it came out of nowhere....at least Obidiah had a reason behind his."

All in all, a very average superhero movie. Also, before I said I really liked Justin Hammer, not really, he's barely given any motivation besides wanting to be Tony Stark, and a dumb one at that.

Secondly, Whiplash knew Tony was dying from Palladium poisoning. Why bother attacking him, he's going to die soon anyway. I mean, I know he was trying to make a personal point, but couldn't he just enjoy knowing Tony was dying from a distance and sell his own tech to the highest bidder? Beating Tony by making his weaponry widespread and out of his hands would be far more painful to him than ineffectually attacking him in person.

You know, it's not as good as the first one, but it's pretty solid.

It's not worth £10 sterling though. I'm not saying Stavros is an idiot, I just have no other way of concluding the sentence.

On topic: Real life is getting in the way of my House marathon, but I'm 7 episodes into Season 2 and it's a damn strong run if you overlook the episode surrounding Cuddy's latino handyman.

I'm not saying Stavros is an idiot, I just have no other way of concluding the sentence.

Wow, it's like my parent-teacher conferences all over again.

Your teachers called you Stavros Hamster?!?

I changed my name when I became an emancipated minor. My given name was grounds enough to grant me independence from my parents.

I'm just kind of avoiding that episode. There's going to be... a LOT they have to sanitize in order to even be able to get it on TV, plus, it's not going to be nearly as fun as an actual shadowcast showing, or at least with people who know a good deal of the call lines.

Go watch a shadowcast on Halloween, and you'll get a far better experience.

Also, on the subject of IM2, there's a lot to be said for a superhero that got 4/5ths of my family to like it (the only one who didn't like it was one sister who didn't like it for reasons I'm not gonna go into here). Also, I currently have it courtesy of the internet fairy, and there's nothing like putting the Pepper, Natasha, stairs sequence on repeat.

Oh, joy. God forbid the angels should be exposed to this sort of thing. *facedesk*

Sorry, I just have a real thing about the way high schoolers get treated with kid gloves sometimes, never mind that a good deal of them have a pretty good idea about this sort of thing.

That was part of the discussion, actually.

They did a pretty good job of looking at both sides, and ultimately came down on the "they're high-schoolers, and don't need to be guided into that kind of thing by school faculty" side. I gotta say, after watching the whole episode, I agreed with them.

Art pushing boundaries for the sake of pushing boundaries isn't always a good thing; sometimes it's just a stupid thing. Just because the internet gives kids access to all kinds of insanity doesn't mean that schools should actually be supporting it.