Every comic you've read in 2009

Missy

RONIN

So I took a little detour from Frank Miller's Daredevil to check out this little baby, which my buddy had picked up on a whim. He said he never finished it and after finishing it, I really understand why, it's terribly DULL. While the book is revolutionary at times in its art, setting the stage for what Miller later did in Dark Knight Returns, and it exposes the Japanese anime/manga world to a whole new audience, the plot never really got off the ground. The plot was long and boring, and rather rudimentary in terms of its basic themes (sci-fi futuristic computers taking over, evil corporations, dystopian future, militaristic forces owned by the corporations), it also was a really long book. It just kept going, and I was just really bored by it all. I'm not saying there aren't some good elements here, Miller really is able to combine all the typical sci-fi elements with the Japanese culture without making it feel forced and awkward, also the art can be downright awesome sometimes (especially showing off the quick swordplay) and at other times it was downright ugly. Overall, I really didn't like this book, there are good things, but there's also a ton of bad, it's an interesting read in terms of seeing how Frank Miller's carreer progressed, but anything else, it's not that great. 6/10

Total:

Comic books: 8

Trade paperbacks: 15

Daredevil by Frank Miller and Klaus Janson Volumes 1, 2, and 3 The Authority by Ellis/Hitch/Millar/Quietly Volumes 1 (Relentless) and 2 (Under New Management) and 3 (Transfer of Power), Batman: Year One, Batman: The Long Halloween, Planetary vol 1 (All Over the World and Other Stories) vol. 2 (The Fourth Man) and vol. 3 (Leaving the 20th Century), Planetary Crossing Worlds (The Crossover specials), Planetary 19-26, Batman: The Man Who Laughs, Frank Miller's Daredevil: The Man Without Fear, RONIN,

• Replies 884
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Punisher War Journal #19-25-Ok. Again. Don't laugh. I loved the story. I thought it was better than most of Ennis' run on Punisher and stayed true to the earlier stories in this book. I loved how Jigsaw was obsessed with Castle to the point of becoming him and I loved a loooot of moments in that book (The Wrecking Crew walking towards Frank and he thinks: "Funnily enough these guys were on next week's kill list." I loved the crafting of the story through the arc and loved the development of Rampage. The art is atrocious and at times hard to follow as far as storytelling goes. But at times, the storytelling is masterful (I'm thinking Castle with GW Bridge in the back of the van). How the mighty have fallen. The two-part Secret Invasion story kind of stunk as it just didn't seem to matter. Jigsaw: 7/10, Secret Invasion: 4/10.

Total

Comic books: 84

Trade paperbacks: 1

Graphic novels: 0

Green Lantern #36, Final Crisis Secret Files, Final Crisis#6, Green Lantern Corps #32, Faces of Evil: Prometheus Oneshot, Black Lightning: Year One #1, Haunted Tank #2, No Hero #3, Shrapnel: Aristeia Rising #1, Spider-Man Fear Itself, Dark Delicacies #1, Faces of Evil: Deathstroke Oneshot, Green Lantern #37, Myspace Dark Horse Presents Vol. 1, Final Crisis #7, Final Crisis Revelations #5, Faces of Evil: Kobra Oneshot, 1st Issue Special #1, 1st Issue Special #5, 1st Issue Special #6, Amazing Spider-Man #584, Dark Avengers #1, Elephantmen #15, Hellblazer #251, War Machine #2, The Mighty A #1, Faces of Evil: Solomon Grundy Oneshot, Green Lantern Corps #33, Jersey Gods #1, R.E.B.E.Ls #1, Batman #682, Batman #683, Batman #684, Batman #685, Captain America #44, Captain America #45, Captain America #46, Daredevil #111, Daredevil #112, Daredevil #113, Daredevil #114, Daredevil #115, Hotwire: Requiem for the Dead #1, Batman: The Brave and the Bold #1, Green Lantern #38, The Walking Dead #54, The Walking Dead #55, R.E.B.E.L.S #2, Green Lantern Corps #34, Batman and the Outsiders #13, Robin #178, Detective #851, Batman #686, Battle for the Cowl: Gotham Gazette #1, Hotwire: Requiem for the Dead #2, City of Dust #5, Battle for the Cowl #1, Walking Dead #56, Walking Dead #57, Walking Dead #58, Secret Invasion: Inhumans #1, Secret Invasion: Inhumans #2, Secret Invasion: Inhumans #3, Secret Invasion: Inhumans #4, Savage Dragon #132, Savage Dragon #133, Savage Dragon #134, Savage Dragon #135, Savage Dragon #136, Savage Dragon #137, Savage Dragon #138, Savage Dragon #139, Authority Prime #1, Authority Prime #2, Authority Prime #3, Authority Prime #4, Authority Prime #5, Authority Prime #6, Punisher War Journal #19, Punisher War Journal #20, Punisher War Journal #21, Punisher War Journal #22, Punisher War Journal #23, Punisher War Journal #24, Punisher War Journal #25

Punisher War Journal #19-25-Ok. Again. Don't laugh. I loved the story. I thought it was better than most of Ennis' run on Punisher and stayed true to the earlier stories in this book. I loved how Jigsaw was obsessed with Castle to the point of becoming him and I loved a loooot of moments in that book (The Wrecking Crew walking towards Frank and he thinks: "Funnily enough these guys were on next week's kill list." I loved the crafting of the story through the arc and loved the development of Rampage. The art is atrocious and at times hard to follow as far as storytelling goes. But at times, the storytelling is masterful (I'm thinking Castle with GW Bridge in the back of the van). How the mighty have fallen. The two-part Secret Invasion story kind of stunk as it just didn't seem to matter. Jigsaw: 7/10, Secret Invasion: 4/10.

And this is why my sig says it all.

At least someone enjoyed the storys as I have the HC's and they are on my shelf probably never to be read again.

I think you'd enjoy the story if the dialogue wasn't delivered by leering, retarded Cabbage Patch Doll heads.

You know, I really want to disagree with you, but I can't the atrocious art is my main gripe with these.

Punisher: War Journal-I think you'd enjoy the story if the dialogue wasn't delivered by leering, retarded Cabbage Patch Doll heads. Desmond Reddick Earth-2.net

Tiny Titans 12 and 13.

12 was weak and didn't really make me laugh.

13 was fucking awesome. Slade goes to a baseball and leaves lunchlady Darkseid in charge!

He intiates a test crisis, yes it really is a crisis, a final crisis!

I know I'm not the audience for this and got it for my five year old nephew, but now I think I should get two copies, one for him, one for me.

Oh and once again JSA is awesome. I just read issues 17-22 and although I got involved in part two of a kingdom come arc, I was not lost and felt right at home and cared about these characters I'd never heard of before. I have never been in such a good mood reading a comic which was just entertaining with good art. Everyone get JSA now!

JLA though.....it's no JSA with Geoff Johns.

Read teen titans 62 from my 50p pile, as it is new to me i thought I'd give it a shot.

Basically the titans find a dog and the dog kills people.

Sound crap, well it was. The art is ok, but I was bored while reading this, also Robin snapping at people seemed wrong to me.

Crap issue.

Teen titans 61 same reason and it had the clock king in it and was just dull, I would never have gave this a second glance if I didn't get it for 50p.

These issues are not great and I'm not saying don't give titans a chance, but give this issues a miss as they are just weird.

The goon 30 and 31. I don't know what i just read, but it was fun. I got these for £1 and it was worth it. But I need Koete or someone to explain this to me.

Man-bat one shot. What a crap story, the best thing about this was the art and even that was not that great. Give it a shot if you want to get more from the battle for the cowl about Man-Bat, also if I had not been reading the outsiders I would not know who the hell the people who were with Alfred were, yay.

Final crisis: resist. I am not a Greg Rucka fan and did not enjoy this. OK art, but if you haven't got it, don't bother.

Final crisis: Submit. Was alright, flip through in the shop and read more about black lightning and the tatooed man and what they do during the final crisis.

Going to go through this thread soon and tally up my total for the year so far.

Couple issues of Secret six4-7, it was really weird reading these, but it was fun and was nice seeing the villians take centre stage. Going to look for the back issues and read them.

Justice League of america 27-28.The league vs the shadow cabinet. Alright issues, nice art but nothing spectacular again from the 50p try out set. Won't be carrying on with this monthly.

Final crisis: requiem. this was the last we see of Martian Manhunter before the events of final crisis. A missable love letter to him, that again was 50p and not really worth much more.

The goon 30 and 31. I don't know what i just read, but it was fun. I got these for £1 and it was worth it. But I need Koete or someone to explain this to me.

Pick up Volume 1: Nothin' But Misery and read the series from the beginning. It's awesome.

Pick up Volume 1: Nothin' But Misery and read the series from the beginning. It's awesome.

I'll skim through it, next time I'm in the shop if they have it.

Green Lantern #36 and Final crisis: rage of the red lanterns.-Whatever Geoff Johns is building to will be fucking epic.

Blue lanterns for the win.

Scalped #22. Damn. The art was different from what I'm used to, and the story was strange, but it was fun. May put this in the new ""Suavestar does monthly pile" So far i've added Green lantern, JSA and Tiny Titans. "Suavestar gets in trade" all thats there is the punisher.

New Avengers #51 - This reads like a lesson in good visual storytelling, with Billy Tan providing a fascinating example of what not to do and Chris Bachalo repeatedly stepping in to show us the way it's supposed to be. Bachalo is showing glimpses of his old form this month, particularly on the splash pages - his rendition of Dormammu on the issue's first page is breathtaking, and his take on the Cowl midway through is even better. Tan, meanwhile, seems to have replaced Clint Barton's head with a pumpkin and broadened his shoulders beyond any semblance of reality. I didn't even recognize Carol Danvers until someone addressed her by name, three or four pages after she'd appeared. Kind of a filler issue, with a few cute character moments but nothing I'd have been sore about missing. Sure

Spider-Man unmasked in front of the team

and all, but that kind of lost its impact the first time it was done (and then immediately undone) and within two pages he's

bouncing around on a rooftop without it

like nothing's wrong. Whaaaat?! I'm thinking about ripping the Billy Tan pages out of this issue and pretending that's the way it's supposed to be read.

6/10

Daredevil #117 - An off month from both Michael Lark and Ed Brubaker. Lark's artwork feels excessively simple this month; his lines are thicker and clunkier than usual, and he's missing the emotion that usually characterizes his work. Murdock has almost completely lost touch with reality, taking stupid risks as Daredevil that should've damned him but have instead rolled right off his back. He's fighting a losing battle to keep the wife he doesn't truly want, beating down the middle man with little justification and getting into arguments with the Kingpin's cronies on his front doorstep. Surely the media and the feds haven't abandoned his case so quickly? He feels like a guy who's lashing out in all directions, someone who's about to get burned, and I'm not sure I like that direction. Also, the Kingpin's return to New York hasn't reverberated nearly as loudly as I'd hoped.

6/10

Top 10: Season Two Special #1 - This was, hands down, my absolute favorite of the ABC titles Alan Moore published early in the decade. Sadly, if not unexpectedly, it hasn't held up nearly as well without Moore's loving touch. It still benefits from the fantastic setting, the giant supporting cast and the skewed perspectives that were established in "Season One," but it feels hollow. These look like many of the same characters I loved in the first series, they've just been lobotomized. Gone are the inventive superpowered crimes, the colorful police force and the heartfelt nods to pop culture in the background. In their place is a single lead character (who, aside from her purple skin, is completely unrecognizable) a watered down courtroom drama and much more blunt, obvious visual puns strewn around the page. This isn't all that bad of a story, but it sure as hell isn't worthy of the name. Maybe absence makes the heart grow fonder and this series wasn't as good as I'd remembered.

5/10

Wolverine Saga #1 - Freebie I was handed at the checkout counter when I made last week's purchase, I guess intended to fill everybody in just in time for his big motion picture later this summer. This is an all-encompassing retelling of every noteworthy moment in Logan's life, and has basically informed me that he's already met every single character in the Marvel Universe, often before they became heroes or villains. It's all text, spiced up with random panels from memorable issues featuring the character. Nice to have it all collected in one place, but reading it in one sitting, it becomes obvious just how ridiculous, overthought and convoluted his history really is. So he fought in six different wars, fell deeply in love with a busload of lovely ladies and lost/regained his memory weekly for over forty years? And he's only been in-costume since the '90s? After working my way through this, I'm now of the opinion that no further paper needs to be dedicated to the character because every possible storyline involving him has already been told three times over. Cripes.

2/10

Also, two contributions to IIWY? last week and two this week: Battle for the Cowl #1, BPRD: The Black Goddess #3, Groom Lake #1 and Sherlock Holmes & Kolchak: The Night Stalker #1

Comics: 56, TPB: 5

RONIN

So I took a little detour from Frank Miller's Daredevil to check out this little baby, which my buddy had picked up on a whim. He said he never finished it and after finishing it, I really understand why, it's terribly DULL.

I don't disagree, but I think it's one of those books that grows on you over time. I'd compare it to Blade Runner - the first couple of times through I really didn't care for it because it seemed so bleak, dry and emotionless. In subsequent viewings, though, I slowly started to fall in love with it. Now it's one of my favorite movies. I wouldn't quite say the same about Ronin, but I definitely think there's more to enjoy if you can get past that first reading.

Miller's artwork really is revolutionary in that book, too. There was nothing even close to that in the mainstream market at the time it was published.

New Avengers #51 - This reads like a lesson in good visual storytelling, with Billy Tan providing a fascinating example of what not to do and Chris Bachalo repeatedly stepping in to show us the way it's supposed to be. Bachalo is showing glimpses of his old form this month, particularly on the splash pages - his rendition of Dormammu on the issue's first page is breathtaking, and his take on the Cowl midway through is even better. Tan, meanwhile, seems to have replaced Clint Barton's head with a pumpkin and broadened his shoulders beyond any semblance of reality. I didn't even recognize Carol Danvers until someone addressed her by name, three or four pages after she'd appeared. Kind of a filler issue, with a few cute character moments but nothing I'd have been sore about missing. Sure

Spider-Man unmasked in front of the team

and all, but that kind of lost its impact the first time it was done (and then immediately undone) and within two pages he's

bouncing around on a rooftop without it

like nothing's wrong. Whaaaat?! I'm thinking about ripping the Billy Tan pages out of this issue and pretending that's the way it's supposed to be read.

6/10

I liked the unmasking, it was a pretty cool tie in with Jessica Jones being there, but it totally clashes with the story they are telling in Amazing Spider-man tying in with Fantastic 4. Torch is getting super pissed that Spidey won't let them know who he is and Spider-man is willing to walk away from the team, who are like his oldest Superhero buddies, just to ensure no-one knows who he is. Some editor messed up.

Punisher War Journal Annual #1-This will be the last issue of P:WJ I ever put in this thread. And what a kickass way to end it! I've said before that the Punisher is best handled in a oneshot and this is another example of that. But this is the bravest Punisher story I've ever read. It, at first, appears as though it is a Punisher story as if written by Grant Morrison but turns out to be more like a Punisher story versus Grant Morrison. Want to see him face off against the cast of Alice in Wonderland and teddy bear ninjas? This is the story for you. We get the greatest look inside his head and fun from the get-go. The art is brilliant in both storytelling and convincing me this story is actually happening. I loved it. I won't read any more Punisher until Maberry's comes out. 9/10

Total

Comic books: 85

Green Lantern #36, Final Crisis Secret Files, Final Crisis#6, Green Lantern Corps #32, Faces of Evil: Prometheus Oneshot, Black Lightning: Year One #1, Haunted Tank #2, No Hero #3, Shrapnel: Aristeia Rising #1, Spider-Man Fear Itself, Dark Delicacies #1, Faces of Evil: Deathstroke Oneshot, Green Lantern #37, Myspace Dark Horse Presents Vol. 1, Final Crisis #7, Final Crisis Revelations #5, Faces of Evil: Kobra Oneshot, 1st Issue Special #1, 1st Issue Special #5, 1st Issue Special #6, Amazing Spider-Man #584, Dark Avengers #1, Elephantmen #15, Hellblazer #251, War Machine #2, The Mighty A #1, Faces of Evil: Solomon Grundy Oneshot, Green Lantern Corps #33, Jersey Gods #1, R.E.B.E.Ls #1, Batman #682, Batman #683, Batman #684, Batman #685, Captain America #44, Captain America #45, Captain America #46, Daredevil #111, Daredevil #112, Daredevil #113, Daredevil #114, Daredevil #115, Hotwire: Requiem for the Dead #1, Batman: The Brave and the Bold #1, Green Lantern #38, The Walking Dead #54, The Walking Dead #55, R.E.B.E.L.S #2, Green Lantern Corps #34, Batman and the Outsiders #13, Robin #178, Detective #851, Batman #686, Battle for the Cowl: Gotham Gazette #1, Hotwire: Requiem for the Dead #2, City of Dust #5, Battle for the Cowl #1, Walking Dead #56, Walking Dead #57, Walking Dead #58, Secret Invasion: Inhumans #1, Secret Invasion: Inhumans #2, Secret Invasion: Inhumans #3, Secret Invasion: Inhumans #4, Savage Dragon #132, Savage Dragon #133, Savage Dragon #134, Savage Dragon #135, Savage Dragon #136, Savage Dragon #137, Savage Dragon #138, Savage Dragon #139, Authority Prime #1, Authority Prime #2, Authority Prime #3, Authority Prime #4, Authority Prime #5, Authority Prime #6, Punisher War Journal #19, Punisher War Journal #20, Punisher War Journal #21, Punisher War Journal #22, Punisher War Journal #23, Punisher War Journal #24, Punisher War Journal #25, Punisher War Journal Annual #1

RONIN

So I took a little detour from Frank Miller's Daredevil to check out this little baby, which my buddy had picked up on a whim. He said he never finished it and after finishing it, I really understand why, it's terribly DULL.

I don't disagree, but I think it's one of those books that grows on you over time. I'd compare it to Blade Runner - the first couple of times through I really didn't care for it because it seemed so bleak, dry and emotionless. In subsequent viewings, though, I slowly started to fall in love with it. Now it's one of my favorite movies. I wouldn't quite say the same about Ronin, but I definitely think there's more to enjoy if you can get past that first reading.

Miller's artwork really is revolutionary in that book, too. There was nothing even close to that in the mainstream market at the time it was published.

Miller's artwork is the thing that I recognized and enjoyed the MOST in this book.

With Blade Runner, it's been many many years (about 8), and while I thought it was dull the first (and only) time I watched it, I also understand that I may not have been mature enough (at 16 or so) to really have understood the movie. With Ronin, I felt just drained by the book, the pacing was way too slow, and while the story was fine,if a bit stereotypical in theme, it was just extended too long.

I read JOKER today by Azzarello

This was excellent, I really enjoyed it. It's another re imagining of the Joker, this time from a lackey's perspective. While a lack of action, the story stays afloat as you are not only learning about the Joker but also about the criminal world around him and also about the lackey himself. The art and the story in a wya really takes a page from the Dark Knight film, taking on that tone and style while still making it feel different. The ending message seems a little out of place, and out of thin air, but it makes sense in a way. The ground the book covers isn't entirely new, but different. I'm upset that I didn't pick this up myself as it's a great companion to Alan Moore's The Killing Joke, and Brubaker's The Man Who Laughs.

9.5/10

Justice Society of America #21-24-I have been a champion of this book for some time but with issues 21 and 22 I will say that the Thy Kingdom Come storyline took wayyyy too long to tell. There was some excellence: Citizen Steel finally getting to let loose and the ending...the ending. EVERY PERSON WHO LOVES KINGDOM COME NEEDS TO OWN ISSUE #22. What Alex Ross does puts the lid on the series ten years + later. It is one of the only times I've cried reading comics this year. I still don't like Ordway's art which is only amplified in 23 and 24 which is unfortunate because I really wanted to see Eaglesham's Black Adam. Captain Marvel fans are going to want to read this storyline.

Total

Comic books: 89

Green Lantern #36, Final Crisis Secret Files, Final Crisis#6, Green Lantern Corps #32, Faces of Evil: Prometheus Oneshot, Black Lightning: Year One #1, Haunted Tank #2, No Hero #3, Shrapnel: Aristeia Rising #1, Spider-Man Fear Itself, Dark Delicacies #1, Faces of Evil: Deathstroke Oneshot, Green Lantern #37, Myspace Dark Horse Presents Vol. 1, Final Crisis #7, Final Crisis Revelations #5, Faces of Evil: Kobra Oneshot, 1st Issue Special #1, 1st Issue Special #5, 1st Issue Special #6, Amazing Spider-Man #584, Dark Avengers #1, Elephantmen #15, Hellblazer #251, War Machine #2, The Mighty A #1, Faces of Evil: Solomon Grundy Oneshot, Green Lantern Corps #33, Jersey Gods #1, R.E.B.E.Ls #1, Batman #682, Batman #683, Batman #684, Batman #685, Captain America #44, Captain America #45, Captain America #46, Daredevil #111, Daredevil #112, Daredevil #113, Daredevil #114, Daredevil #115, Hotwire: Requiem for the Dead #1, Batman: The Brave and the Bold #1, Green Lantern #38, The Walking Dead #54, The Walking Dead #55, R.E.B.E.L.S #2, Green Lantern Corps #34, Batman and the Outsiders #13, Robin #178, Detective #851, Batman #686, Battle for the Cowl: Gotham Gazette #1, Hotwire: Requiem for the Dead #2, City of Dust #5, Battle for the Cowl #1, Walking Dead #56, Walking Dead #57, Walking Dead #58, Secret Invasion: Inhumans #1, Secret Invasion: Inhumans #2, Secret Invasion: Inhumans #3, Secret Invasion: Inhumans #4, Savage Dragon #132, Savage Dragon #133, Savage Dragon #134, Savage Dragon #135, Savage Dragon #136, Savage Dragon #137, Savage Dragon #138, Savage Dragon #139, Authority Prime #1, Authority Prime #2, Authority Prime #3, Authority Prime #4, Authority Prime #5, Authority Prime #6, Punisher War Journal #19, Punisher War Journal #20, Punisher War Journal #21, Punisher War Journal #22, Punisher War Journal #23, Punisher War Journal #24, Punisher War Journal #25, Punisher War Journal Annual #1, Justice Society of America #21, Justice Society of America #22, Justice Society of America #23, Justice Society of America #24

Everything Desmond says about JSA is true. Except the art, I like it and feel it goes with it.

Also I heart the Marvel family after reading issues 24 and 25.

Their so bad, yet so awesome.

Oh, I'll fully admit that I'm pre-disposed to not liking Ordway's art. Anything besides Wildstar anyway.

So we can agree everyone should be reading Geoff Johns JSA?

It's weird, I did not give a shit about Black Adam or the Marvels before reading 24 and 25 and now I think they are awesome and Black Adam is a villian who I can understand in a way. Oh and the childish banter by the Marvels is awesome.

Re-read about half of the Cable and Deadpool run. Probably my favorite monthly book ever. Oddly enough, I gel with it most when Cable and Deadpool are being tight, because I really believe in that friendship. The final ten or so issues where it becomes "Guest-Star and Deadpool," is awesome in it's own right, especially with Agency X and Bob.

Reiley Brown's inner art is right up there with my all-time favorites, and I love Skottie Young's covers. Nieciza's story telling is fun and his dialog is even better.

However, he did write most of the 80 or so issue run of JSA before Justice Society of America, so you do have that to track down.

Yeah, I'll see if i can get those back issues of find a few trades down the line.

Tiny titans number 13: I don't care if I'm classed as a grown man, this comic is awesome.

Every should read issue 12 and it's final crisis tie in scene.

Green arrow 14. This was Judd Winicks last issue of green arrow. I was sad when I found this out and with a tear in my eye I said "I'm going to just leave this now."

I have enough of my collection of 50p comics that I can now make an informed decision on what to buy in trade, what to get monthly and what isn't worth the paper it's written on.

I'm still on a detour from finishing up Miller's Daredevil with the Born Again TPB...

I read Deadpool #1, the beginning of the new series by Daniel Way, it seemed like an odd way to begin a series, starting in the middle of the Secret Invasion, but in the end I rather liked it. It was rather enjoyable and I laughed pretty hard a couple of times. Sure the book seemed to lean towards being funny and it didn't quite seem to have the ability to balance the seriousness with the humor like Joe Kelly did, but I liked it enough to give the TPB a shot (which is up at DCBS this month). 8/10

Also read Punisher Max vol 1, In the Beginning... which is the start of Garth Ennis' run under the Max branch. I read his Marvel Knights 12 issue run and while I enjoyed it, I though it was also too goofy at times. I had heard this was more serious and darker in tone so i decided to give this a look. And I found that this was serious and darker and tone. I liked it, but then I also felt like something missing. There's not a whole lot of depth, and I think that's a problem with the Punisher character itself, and it's the limitations of the character are shown in the first arc. I think that may be the problem and I can't imagine myself reading this too long before getting tired of it. Again it was what it needed to be, and Ennis offsets that darkness with just the right amount of humor here, but I don't know at the same time, I think I have a problem with the character's limitations. 7.5/10

Total:

Comic books: 9

Trade paperbacks: 17

Daredevil by Frank Miller and Klaus Janson Volumes 1, 2, and 3; The Authority by Ellis/Hitch/Millar/Quietly Volumes 1 (Relentless) and 2 (Under New Management) and 3 (Transfer of Power); Batman: Year One; Batman: The Long Halloween; Planetary vol 1 (All Over the World and Other Stories), vol. 2 (The Fourth Man), and vol. 3 (Leaving the 20th Century), Planetary Crossing Worlds (The Crossover specials); Planetary 19-26; Batman: The Man Who Laughs; Frank Miller's Daredevil: The Man Without Fear; RONIN; JOKER; Deadpool #1; Punisher Max vol. 1;