Every comic you've read in 2009

Missy

• Replies 884
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finished Peter Milligan's Sub-Mariner- The Depths. Nice to see someone using Marvel's MAX line in a different manner to the way most others have. This is essentially a horror story where Namor is the mythical, somewhat ghostly monster whose presence terrifies those looking for Atlantis. Much of it seems a homage to the ghost/monster stories of the Victorian age, and perhaps a cross between Jules Verne and H.P. Lovecraft.

Over the past couple months, I've read Frank Miller's first Daredevil run from beginning to end. It's pretty damn spectacular. You can see how good Miller has gotten from his first issue (introduction to Elektra) to his last issue (Roulette). Not only does his run build the main character spectacularly well, but so many supporting characters get pulled to the forefront...Foggy, Ben Urich, Black Widow, Kingpin, Heather, the Gladiator, heck even Turk from Josie's bar, Elektra, The Hand, Stick, soo many different elements are pulled in here. Bullseye completely changes from a hired gun into a psychotic madman. This is an epic epic run that I'm so glad I got to read. 10/10

I'm going to read some of the extras, which is a What if..., a one shot, and Daredevil: Love and war.

Total:

Comic books: 8

Trade paperbacks: 12

Daredevil by Frank Miller and Klaus Janson Volumes 1, 2, and 3 The Authority by Ellis/Hitch/Millar/Quietly Volumes 1 (Relentless) and 2 (Under New Management) and 3 (Transfer of Power), Batman: Year One, Batman: The Long Halloween, Planetary vol 1 (All Over the World and Other Stories) vol. 2 (The Fourth Man) and vol. 3 (Leaving the 20th Century), Planetary Crossing Worlds (The Crossover specials), Planetary 19-26

Dark Avengers #3 - They can just go ahead and drop the rest of the team to focus on Osborn at this point, because he's like Atlas carrying the Earth on his shoulders right now. His opening dialog with the Sentry this month was flawless, and by the end of it I was ready to follow the guy into battle myself. The Sentry as a whole is a personality I'd really grown tired of, and when the book opened in his bedroom I feared the worst. We'd seen this same scene thirty times before, first in New Avengers and later in Mighty Avengers; the guy moping around and using his schizophrenia as a crutch, all the while running around in circles and carefully avoiding any sort of character development. I was actually wishing they'd drop him from the team as a whole because it was becoming clear that he was never going to go anywhere personally. Osborn solved that conundrum in six pages, then went on to win a battle of the egos with Victor Von Freaking Doom. If it weren't for a particularly bland battle in the second half of the issue and artwork I'm still not totally on board with, this would be getting top marks.

7/10

Ex Machina Special #4 - This series is really starting to reek of the same problems that plagued Vaughan's work on later issues of Y: The Last Man. Maybe I should just start jumping on board for his first three or four storylines, when he does his best work introducing a premise and setting up the major players, then exiting before he can get lost and the plot comes to a screeching halt. Ex Machina hasn't been making forward progress in years, but I keep buying it because I think I see a flicker of hope off in the distance. This concept is so strong, I hate to think the writer doesn't have a finish line in mind, but that's starting to look like it's the case. Again. Either way, it's nice to see the series testing fresh ground on the artistic front. John Paul Leon is nothing like Tony Harris's work on the regular series, but he still feels compatible. He's somewhat inconsistent this month, but when it was working I really liked what I saw. The hype machine would have me believe the seeds are being planted right here for the book's final storyline. In that case, let's hope I missed something because this is some dry shit.

4/10

The Punisher: Frank Castle #68 - That's it, no more threats, I'm done with this series. The writing has transitioned from "going nowhere" to "going nowhere would've been more compelling" and the artwork is more interested in clumps of blood and sailing bullets than cluing the readers in on what's actually supposed to be happening. It's a shame, too, because on paper this is a great premise - a nameless bad guy injects Castle with a serum that will end his life in six hours, and rather than doing their bidding for the antidote, Frank puts a bullet in their brain and prepares for death by annihilating as many bad guys on his checklist as he can before time runs out. But rather than using that as the spark to ignite a blood bath of heretofore-unseen proportions, Frank's aimlessly wandering around and blaming the serum when he doesn't land on his feet after a fall. Really? That's it? This was one of the most confusing, frustrating, aggravating reads I've endured so far in 2009. And, as if that weren't enough, it's also incredibly stale. I wish they'd canceled the series when Ennis left, because Frank just doesn't seem to have anything left in the tank without him.

1/10

Kingdom Come #2 - Only three months after I went back to revisit chapter one - at this rate I'll finish the entire series in just under a year! The story really lifts off in this issue, and Alex Ross's artwork follows suit. Where the first issue was about hope in the face of terrible adversity, this verse shows us that even the brightest stars have their dark corners. The wheels show signs that they're ready to fall off for Superman and his gang of old Justice Leaguers, the modern generation doesn't seem as enthused about their presence as Supes had imagined, and the return of the heroes has also brought with it the resurrection of their enemies. I was never all that thrilled with the way this series depicted Bruce Wayne (I have a hard time imagining Batman reduced to an old man bent over a keyboard, keeping watch over a series of robots) but his role is becoming much more clear to me with this pass. I'm also noticing a startling number of similarities to present-day America and its crusade to defend those who never really asked for our help in the first place, which has made the series twenty times more interesting. So, you mean showing a little muscle and draping ourselves in the red, white and blue isn't enough any more? All right, make with the impervious gulag. All of the best works remain relevant long after the date of their publication. Count Kingdom Come among them.

10/10

Also, two contributions to IIWY? last week: Ultimate Wolverine vs. Hulk #3 and Killer of Demons #1

Comics: 48, TPB: 5

Batman and the Outsiders #13, Robin #178-both were in my pull box though I'm sure I never asked for them. Terrible waste of time. Not even worth downloading for free. 0/10

Detective #851-Denny O'Neill wrote this? Retire please. Beautiful art from Guillem March but the story reeked. 2/10

Batman #686-I'm fully convinced that Gaiman has forgotten how to write a comic. This is probably the worst book I have ever read. It makes no sense and is a slap in the face to Alan Moore for stealing his title of Whatever Happened to the Man of Tomorrow? This is garbage. Fuck this book and Gaiman needs to go away...now. -10/10

Battle for the Cowl: Gotham Gazette #1-A bunch of stories of characters from Gotham all written by Nicieza with varying quality of art but all of them happen to have the same thing in common: they fail to garner any interest in them whatsoever. 1/10

Grant Morrison can come back any day now.

Edit: Hotwire: Requiem for the Dead #2 and City of Dust #5 last week's Dread Media.

Edit#2: Well Battle for the Cowl #1 saved me from the other shittiness that was the above bat-books. 8/10.

Total

Comic books: 56

Trade paperbacks: 1

Graphic novels: 0

Green Lantern #36, Final Crisis Secret Files, Final Crisis#6, Green Lantern Corps #32, Faces of Evil: Prometheus Oneshot, Black Lightning: Year One #1, Haunted Tank #2, No Hero #3, Shrapnel: Aristeia Rising #1, Spider-Man Fear Itself, Dark Delicacies #1, Faces of Evil: Deathstroke Oneshot, Green Lantern #37, Myspace Dark Horse Presents Vol. 1, Final Crisis #7, Final Crisis Revelations #5, Faces of Evil: Kobra Oneshot, 1st Issue Special #1, 1st Issue Special #5, 1st Issue Special #6, Amazing Spider-Man #584, Dark Avengers #1, Elephantmen #15, Hellblazer #251, War Machine #2, The Mighty A #1, Faces of Evil: Solomon Grundy Oneshot, Green Lantern Corps #33, Jersey Gods #1, R.E.B.E.Ls #1, Batman #682, Batman #683, Batman #684, Batman #685, Captain America #44, Captain America #45, Captain America #46, Daredevil #111, Daredevil #112, Daredevil #113, Daredevil #114, Daredevil #115, Hotwire: Requiem for the Dead #1, Batman: The Brave and the Bold #1, Green Lantern #38, The Walking Dead #54, The Walking Dead #55, R.E.B.E.L.S #2, Green Lantern Corps #34, Batman and the Outsiders #13, Robin #178, Detective #851, Batman #686, Battle for the Cowl: Gotham Gazette #1, Hotwire: Requiem for the Dead #2, City of Dust #5, Battle for the Cowl #1

I read Batman: the Man Who Laughs this weekend. To my surprise I had no knowledge that The Man Who Laughs was only the first story of the book. I really enjoyed the Man Who Laughs, it was a great interpretation of the Joker, it included a lot of great traits, including the media hungry version. There's a lot of similarity to the recent film in terms of how Joker supplies the world with Chaos and anarchy and all that while Batman and Gordon represents order (two different types of order). The second story "Made of Wood" I didn't enjoy as much, it really brought out the detective side of Batman (which was all good) but the story just didn't resonate with me. The story was a team-up book with Batman and the original Green Latern after Gordon has retired, it was about how people perceive what a hero is, what makes a hero, and what happens when that perception is distorted. It had thematic elements that flowed close to the Man Who Laughs story but the story itself was a little bit more low key, a little bit slower. The reveal, climax didn't do much for me, the build was more entertaining. First story is 9, second is an 7.5, lets take it and say 8.25/10

Next up more of Frank Miller's Daredevil, I've got the Born Again and The Man Without Fear Hardcovers to burn through.

After that, I don't know what I'm gonna decide, I've got Y the Last Man TPBs 1-7, Whedon's Astonishing X-men Hardcovers, and Walking Dead TPBs 1-8 just sitting around.

Total:

Trade paperbacks: 13

Daredevil by Frank Miller and Klaus Janson Volumes 1, 2, and 3 The Authority by Ellis/Hitch/Millar/Quietly Volumes 1 (Relentless) and 2 (Under New Management) and 3 (Transfer of Power), Batman: Year One, Batman: The Long Halloween, Planetary vol 1 (All Over the World and Other Stories) vol. 2 (The Fourth Man) and vol. 3 (Leaving the 20th Century), Planetary Crossing Worlds (The Crossover specials), Planetary 19-26, Batman: The Man Who Laughs

Frank Miller's Daredevil: The Man Without Fear

Just after I finished reading Frank Miller's original run, I decided to jump into this trade that is basically a "Year One" version of Miller's original Daredevil run. Ultimately it was a lot of fun, it plays off of the mythos that Miller used in his original run, giving more depth to Matt Murdock's formative years, how he met his mentor Stick, his first encounters with Elektra, and the Fisk's original reign of the Kingpin of Crime. It works best as a character study of Matt Murdock, exploring how he developed psyche, and exploring his his trials and tribulations in dealing with first love, first loss, controlling emotion, balancing unrelenting ruthlessness with laws, and dealing with things that plagued him in his early years. The art for this book is amazing and John Romita Jr. has an great cinematic quality about him, and great attention to detail without cluttering the page. The bad, some of the story just didn't work, in terms of pacing, some of the Stick scenes didn't work for me because it seemed like Miller was trying to force the mystical ninja issues and the ninja war that didn't feel organic here, I also don't like the changes to Elektra and Murdock's relationship with Elektra with Elektra being kind-of a psycho from the beginning. I never saw Elektra as psychotic in his original run, sure she had a penchant for violence, but she was also torn in terms of Murdock and it seemed that Murdock was more of a calming presence in their adult life, while he was more of the risk-taker in the younger life. Here, Murdock is excited by Elektra because her style is so foreign, because she is so on the edge and it exacerbates his own desire to be on the edge, also Elektra is comparably as maniacal as Bullseye here. I didn't like her character here it didn't see to fit quite as well. I know that Miller's first DD writing issue was the Elektra one and that he later developed her into a more violent character as the series went along, so I guess this is him in a way retconning that first issue, in that it didn't come out nearly as well as he liked. Still an excellent book, maybe on a later re-read I'll get over the whole Elektra deal which is the biggest blemish, but for now it still botherd me a lot.

8.8/10

Total:

Trade paperbacks: 14

Daredevil by Frank Miller and Klaus Janson Volumes 1, 2, and 3 The Authority by Ellis/Hitch/Millar/Quietly Volumes 1 (Relentless) and 2 (Under New Management) and 3 (Transfer of Power), Batman: Year One, Batman: The Long Halloween, Planetary vol 1 (All Over the World and Other Stories) vol. 2 (The Fourth Man) and vol. 3 (Leaving the 20th Century), Planetary Crossing Worlds (The Crossover specials), Planetary 19-26, Batman: The Man Who Laughs, Frank Miller's Daredevil: The Man Without Fear,

Walking Dead #56-58-Still one of the best comics being made right now. I cried during 58 more than I have cried in recent memory. Fuck, this book is consistently harrowing. 10/10

Secret Invasion #1-4-I'd read the first issue a while back for IIWY? and finally got around to picking all of them out of my pullbox. I was astonished at how awesome Raney's artwork is. I love the man and he needs to do more work. The story was compelling but not enough to get me interested in War of Kings in the slightest. The definitive Inhumans story still has yet to be told. 6/10

Total

Comic books: 63

Green Lantern #36, Final Crisis Secret Files, Final Crisis#6, Green Lantern Corps #32, Faces of Evil: Prometheus Oneshot, Black Lightning: Year One #1, Haunted Tank #2, No Hero #3, Shrapnel: Aristeia Rising #1, Spider-Man Fear Itself, Dark Delicacies #1, Faces of Evil: Deathstroke Oneshot, Green Lantern #37, Myspace Dark Horse Presents Vol. 1, Final Crisis #7, Final Crisis Revelations #5, Faces of Evil: Kobra Oneshot, 1st Issue Special #1, 1st Issue Special #5, 1st Issue Special #6, Amazing Spider-Man #584, Dark Avengers #1, Elephantmen #15, Hellblazer #251, War Machine #2, The Mighty A #1, Faces of Evil: Solomon Grundy Oneshot, Green Lantern Corps #33, Jersey Gods #1, R.E.B.E.Ls #1, Batman #682, Batman #683, Batman #684, Batman #685, Captain America #44, Captain America #45, Captain America #46, Daredevil #111, Daredevil #112, Daredevil #113, Daredevil #114, Daredevil #115, Hotwire: Requiem for the Dead #1, Batman: The Brave and the Bold #1, Green Lantern #38, The Walking Dead #54, The Walking Dead #55, R.E.B.E.L.S #2, Green Lantern Corps #34, Batman and the Outsiders #13, Robin #178, Detective #851, Batman #686, Battle for the Cowl: Gotham Gazette #1, Hotwire: Requiem for the Dead #2, City of Dust #5, Battle for the Cowl #1, Walking Dead #56, Walking Dead #57, Walking Dead #58, Secret Invasion: Inhumans #1, Secret Invasion: Inhumans #2, Secret Invasion: Inhumans #3, Secret Invasion: Inhumans #4

From last week, but kept putting off posting:

Went and got some first issues:

World of New krypton: My first superman comic in years, and it was alright, but it didn't pull me in, it was fun and was a good read, but if you haven't picked this up just flip through it.

Solomon Grundy #1: What is this shit! What i the name of all that is nice is this shit! This is crap, the art is poor and I really don't care what is going on. I will be looking for issue 2 for the possible Bizarro VS Grundy fight. Other than that avoid like the plague.

Green lantern: Secret Origin. Sweet jesus this was fun and awesome, nice art and really pulled me in slowly and didn't want to let go, I had minmal knowledge of the characters from the cartoons and NF but sweet dam this took me and said "Here's all you need to know" and sort of set up the red lantern(If I'm wrong someone please correct me) this was great and I really recommend reading this as to me at least, it was the most new reader friednly comic I've read in a long damn time.

Batman: Haunted Knight. Long Halloween=Awesome. Dark Victory=Long halloween take two but a bit shit. Haunted Knight=Just blah. The first story featuring scarecrow barely gets running before it stops, and you are left thinking is this it. The mad hatter story is the best in this and is also short and except for hatter being actually menacing for a few moments, this has nothing special. The third story is a take on a christmas carol. Some adaptations of a christmas carol take on classic status, Patrick Stewarts version, Scrooged, the muppets. This, this wishes it was one of the crao takes as this story is just dull and not sufficent to be enjoyed, Batman is Batman just for the sake of it being a batman book. Skip this

So Scoring:

Superman: 7 out of 10

Solomon grundy: 2 out of 10 Just for the Bizarro set up.

Green Lantern: 8.5/9 out of 10

Batman Haunted Knight: 3 out of 10.

This week I'm looking for to the oracle mini and will flip through the commisioner Gordon 1 shot.

Savage Dragon #132-136-God I love Dragon. This is so refreshing but it's funny that I think I would hate it seeing it elsewhere. Like Jersey Gods, I couldn't stand that first issue. There was an awesome moment in the first "World Tour" issue when Dragon fought Bomb Queen. There was a conversation between him and another supervillain that I'm not sure I have ever seen in a comic. It was so rational and made sense for a police officer/negotiator to do that it was, again, refreshing to see. I'm not liking Dragon's daughter but I never have. 9/10

I have the next three issues up next with World Tour's featuring Madman and the Amazing Joy Buzzards (!), Invincible and the guy from Godland.

Total

Comic books: 68

Green Lantern #36, Final Crisis Secret Files, Final Crisis#6, Green Lantern Corps #32, Faces of Evil: Prometheus Oneshot, Black Lightning: Year One #1, Haunted Tank #2, No Hero #3, Shrapnel: Aristeia Rising #1, Spider-Man Fear Itself, Dark Delicacies #1, Faces of Evil: Deathstroke Oneshot, Green Lantern #37, Myspace Dark Horse Presents Vol. 1, Final Crisis #7, Final Crisis Revelations #5, Faces of Evil: Kobra Oneshot, 1st Issue Special #1, 1st Issue Special #5, 1st Issue Special #6, Amazing Spider-Man #584, Dark Avengers #1, Elephantmen #15, Hellblazer #251, War Machine #2, The Mighty A #1, Faces of Evil: Solomon Grundy Oneshot, Green Lantern Corps #33, Jersey Gods #1, R.E.B.E.Ls #1, Batman #682, Batman #683, Batman #684, Batman #685, Captain America #44, Captain America #45, Captain America #46, Daredevil #111, Daredevil #112, Daredevil #113, Daredevil #114, Daredevil #115, Hotwire: Requiem for the Dead #1, Batman: The Brave and the Bold #1, Green Lantern #38, The Walking Dead #54, The Walking Dead #55, R.E.B.E.L.S #2, Green Lantern Corps #34, Batman and the Outsiders #13, Robin #178, Detective #851, Batman #686, Battle for the Cowl: Gotham Gazette #1, Hotwire: Requiem for the Dead #2, City of Dust #5, Battle for the Cowl #1, Walking Dead #56, Walking Dead #57, Walking Dead #58, Secret Invasion: Inhumans #1, Secret Invasion: Inhumans #2, Secret Invasion: Inhumans #3, Secret Invasion: Inhumans #4, Savage Dragon #132, Savage Dragon #133, Savage Dragon #134, Savage Dragon #135, Savage Dragon #136

I had to make up for two weeks at the comics this week.

Outsiders #16-What is this shit!? I was going to let the story play out before I dropped this, but is just fucking terrible.

Azrael 1 of 3: Going against Stavros, I picked this up, the art is terrible and the story made no sense. Avoid.

Battle for the cowl: Commisioner Gordon. Jim VS Mr Freeze sounds crap on paper, well it is the same in practice, except for helping set up BFTC part two, this is worthless, get if you want to learn more about Gordon dealing with a world without batman.

Battle for the cowl; Oracle 1 of 3. Had meager hopes for this. After reading it, I left with nothing I started without, yes Babs has tingling in her legs and that means she'll walk. It looked ok and this looks like it will get better and has a good starting. If you get one BFTC mini get this and the villians one.

Green Lantern corps 31: This was the middle of a really creepy arc and it shows, the art looks nice, but I was lost with the story. Ah it was nice but if you haven't read the earlier issues give this a miss. I got this cause i wanted a good comic to read and they were all out of regular green lantern and this was the only issue of corps I could find.

Also when skimming I saw a comic i've never seen before Batman VS/and the Spirit by Jeph Loeb and Darwyn Cooke. I didn't get it as it was $4.99-$5.99, has anyone heard of this or read it?

Also when skimming I saw a comic i've never seen before Batman VS/and the Spirit by Jeph Loeb and Darwyn Cooke. I didn't get it as it was $4.99-$5.99, has anyone heard of this or read it?

Loved it. Buy it. Grab Darwyn Cooke's Spirit run if you can find it as well.

Savage Dragon #137-9-This is part of the world tour arc that started back with the Bomb Queen issue and is essentially a group of stand alone stories that offer some much needed character development for the supporting cast after a long time absent or just plain busy punching shit. The Madman/Amazing Joy Buzzards issue was fun but needed something. I'm not sure I know what that is but it did feel a little flat. The Godland issue was cool if only to see Kirby draw this obvious Kirby ripoff character and to help him in his search for his wife. It was kind of cool to parallel that with a lost friend of Adam Archer. Ends with a whimper and kind of needs to. The Invincible issue is easily the best surprisingly given my blah-ness over Invincible but it is just fun to see him and Dragon face off against the warring armies of Lava Lords and Magmites. Fun Kirby-ish stuff with yet another Solar Man freakout ending. 8/10

Authority Prime #1-6-Don't laugh, I haven't been keeping up with my pull box and boy do I wish I had. Because would have dropped this after issue one. This is a six issue fight scene between Stormwatch and Authority with literally zero brains and no storytelling from an artist i already think is juvenile (Darick Robertson). I'm glad I'm off the Wildstorm Universe at this point. What a wasteland of shit it has become. 1/10

Total

Comic books: 77

Green Lantern #36, Final Crisis Secret Files, Final Crisis#6, Green Lantern Corps #32, Faces of Evil: Prometheus Oneshot, Black Lightning: Year One #1, Haunted Tank #2, No Hero #3, Shrapnel: Aristeia Rising #1, Spider-Man Fear Itself, Dark Delicacies #1, Faces of Evil: Deathstroke Oneshot, Green Lantern #37, Myspace Dark Horse Presents Vol. 1, Final Crisis #7, Final Crisis Revelations #5, Faces of Evil: Kobra Oneshot, 1st Issue Special #1, 1st Issue Special #5, 1st Issue Special #6, Amazing Spider-Man #584, Dark Avengers #1, Elephantmen #15, Hellblazer #251, War Machine #2, The Mighty A #1, Faces of Evil: Solomon Grundy Oneshot, Green Lantern Corps #33, Jersey Gods #1, R.E.B.E.Ls #1, Batman #682, Batman #683, Batman #684, Batman #685, Captain America #44, Captain America #45, Captain America #46, Daredevil #111, Daredevil #112, Daredevil #113, Daredevil #114, Daredevil #115, Hotwire: Requiem for the Dead #1, Batman: The Brave and the Bold #1, Green Lantern #38, The Walking Dead #54, The Walking Dead #55, R.E.B.E.L.S #2, Green Lantern Corps #34, Batman and the Outsiders #13, Robin #178, Detective #851, Batman #686, Battle for the Cowl: Gotham Gazette #1, Hotwire: Requiem for the Dead #2, City of Dust #5, Battle for the Cowl #1, Walking Dead #56, Walking Dead #57, Walking Dead #58, Secret Invasion: Inhumans #1, Secret Invasion: Inhumans #2, Secret Invasion: Inhumans #3, Secret Invasion: Inhumans #4, Savage Dragon #132, Savage Dragon #133, Savage Dragon #134, Savage Dragon #135, Savage Dragon #136, Savage Dragon #137, Savage Dragon #138, Savage Dragon #139, Authority Prime #1, Authority Prime #2, Authority Prime #3, Authority Prime #4, Authority Prime #5, Authority Prime #6

Deadpool #9: Wish I could've caught Thunderbolts #130, but the recap filled in the blanks nicely. Awesome banter here, especially between Black Widow II and Deadpool.

Which, if they do get together, would be kinda hot. Wondering if Deadpool intentionally lost to get Taskmaster caught, but we'll see.

Art style seems a bit cartoonish here, but it's not annoying. Definitely getting TB #131. Worth picking up.

The Flash: Rebirth #1: This is my first introduction to Barry Allen, outside of what I've seen in JL/JLUNew Frontier. Seeing peoples' reactions to Barry being back somehow, especially the Titans, is a good crash course for me, and Hal's conversation with Barry is especially poigniant.

Not quite sure what's going on with the Speed Force, especially at the end, but 'm intrigued.

Worth picking up.

Also, this has a Power Girl preview at the end of the issue, don't think much of the art style or what I saw of the story.

Justice TPBs #1 and 2: 'm thinking I might be an Alex Ross fangirl. Just a feeling.

I like the core concept behind the villain's motivations here.

Seems like the idea that the superheroes might well be the problem is an expansion of what we saw in Kingdom Come. Also, are the worms we're seeing her along the lines of what Luthor did to Billy in Kingdom Come, and the idea of Bats' files being used against the league from Tower of Babel? Interested to see where they go with using the JL's ones they love against them.

Art's done quite well, but that's kinda expected from Ross' work. :P Especially love moments with Oliver, Dinah, Joker (who reminds me of what I saw in Brave and the Bold?) and Poison Ivy. There are also some amusing arguments between Plastic Man and Elongated Man. And basic character bios in teh back are much appreciated.

Comic Books: 20

TPBs: 18

Graphic Novels: 2

Motion Comic: 1