Every comic you've read in 2009

Missy

• Replies 884
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No hate post, but I'm comfortable with the fact that I'll never have to read your opinion again. Thanks!

..........Your welcome.

Seriously, it's just my opinion about on this graphic novel, and I know I must be in the minority on this(Where the hell are you Toland!) but I just didn't enjoy the Dark Knight returns.

No hate post, but I'm comfortable with the fact that I'll never have to read your opinion again. Thanks!

..........Your welcome.

Seriously, it's just my opinion about on this graphic novel, and I know I must be in the minority on this(Where the hell are you Toland!) but I just didn't enjoy the Dark Knight returns.

I was only kidding. I'd hate for Dubs to go all goth on me. Hi Dubs!

I was only kidding. I'd hate for Dubs to go all goth on me. Hi Dubs!

Yeah, I was just making sure that people knew that my opinion on DKR was just that my opinion.

Anyway:

Animal Volumes 1-3.

Great fun series and I'm sad it's over. I loved the last issue with the Morrison fourth wall thing and started laughing when

Morrison thanks some people and sets up a fight for animal man in the background

Batman: face the face: When i first got this I hated it and left it lying for over a year and decided to re-read it. It's not as bad as i once thought, but it still was a very mediocre story to me. This was just setting up the return of two face and picking up the batman storys and really was just a set up book and really felt like it.

The darkness accursed Volume 1: I gave this a shot as it was £4. Plus I really liked the game when it came out a couple of years ago.

This sort of threw me in at the deep end and when i read the introduction from the editor I expected really graphic violence and disturbing stuff.What i got was an actually ok story with some alright artwork. It was an enjoyable, almost self contained thing.

Oh, some ones I read after coming back from a friend's party on New Year's and crashing in another friend's apartment but I never got around to posting them.

Y: The Last Man: I read all 10 TPBs in the period of the early morning. I really, really liked this series. I loved that the women could all pass the Blechdel test, I liked the way they focus on the political situation in addition to the individual situations.

...I wish I could remember more, but I was slightly drunk when I read through all of it, and it was very early in the morning.

Persepolis: I've heard so many good things about this series, and I've been thinking about trying to find the movie for a while. I paid more attention to the story than I did to the art, honestly, and it's excellent. It's nice to hear the story of those who were growing up in Iran around that time.

Read both of these. They're awesome.

Comic Books: 0

TPBs: 6

Graphic Novels: 1

Batman #682-Ok, I will fight to the death to stand behind RIP as a great Batman story but you need to have studied Bats' 70 year history in depth to even get one iota of this issue. There are a lot of allusion to Golden and Silver Age stories where Batman dies and Robin grows up to be him or some other superhero analogue. What with the inclusion of the NIghtwing scene I think Morrison is saying he cares deeply that Dick will be Batman. I think. Kind of a mess though. As a piece of Batman history it's great but as a comic book it's a piece of shit. 4/10

PS what the fuck was The Lump doing there? We know that RIP took place in between FC 1 and 2 but this still needs to be addressed. I haven't read 683 yet so I'm hoping something is cleared up.

Total

Comic books: 30

Trade paperbacks: 1

Graphic novels: 0

Green Lantern #36, Final Crisis Secret Files, Final Crisis#6, Green Lantern Corps #32, Faces of Evil: Prometheus Oneshot, Black Lightning: Year One #1, Haunted Tank #2, No Hero #3, Shrapnel: Aristeia Rising #1, Spider-Man Fear Itself, Dark Delicacies #1, Faces of Evil: Deathstroke Oneshot, Green Lantern #37, Myspace Dark Horse Presents Vol. 1, Final Crisis #7, Final Crisis Revelations #5, Faces of Evil: Kobra Oneshot, 1st Issue Special #1, 1st Issue Special #5, 1st Issue Special #6, Amazing Spider-Man #584, Dark Avengers #1, Elephantmen #15, Hellblazer #251, War Machine #2, The Mighty A #1, Faces of Evil: Solomon Grundy Oneshot, Green Lantern Corps #33, Jersey Gods #1, R.E.B.E.Ls #1, Batman #682

Batman #682-Ok, I will fight to the death to stand behind RIP as a great Batman story but you need to have studied Bats' 70 year history in depth to even get one iota of this issue. There are a lot of allusion to Golden and Silver Age stories where Batman dies and Robin grows up to be him or some other superhero analogue. What with the inclusion of the NIghtwing scene I think Morrison is saying he cares deeply that Dick will be Batman. I think. Kind of a mess though. As a piece of Batman history it's great but as a comic book it's a piece of shit. 4/10

PS what the fuck was The Lump doing there? We know that RIP took place in between FC 1 and 2 but this still needs to be addressed. I haven't read 683 yet so I'm hoping something is cleared up.

The Lump and Final Crisis continuity are explained. And I really enjoyed 682 and 683. They put a cap on Morrison's exploration of "what if all of Batman's 70 year old history did happen" and furthered the "Batman as the ultimate human" thread he began in R.I.P.

he cares deeply that Dick

So close.

But you see what I did there?

I stuck my post in the Dick-hole, man.

You see that? You fucking see that?!

Only Des and I will get it, but I don't care.

Punisher war journal vol 4: Jigsaw.

The art was crap, the punisher did not look like a badass, he looked like a normal guy and really I couldn't care less about him in this.

Their was a guy Jigsaw was training to be the new punisher for some reason, and when he fights the real Frank Castle, I couldn't tell the difference and to tell you the truth I didn't care.

I really wanted to like Jigsaw and this, but I couldn't this was horribly disappointing and the art was really bad and incosistent.

Frank Castle in volumes 1-3 looked built and recognisable, skull on chest or not, but he looked like an average guy you would see walking down the street in black and in certain panels, I couldn't tell if it was him or the other guy.