The "Good news, everyone!" thread

James D.

Guest TFG1Mike

my mom is helping me get a new PC !! yay finally no more 8+ year old machine for me. I'll be getting this

I was originally aiming for the Touchsmart. However it is just too much right now.

I thought you wanted a macbook pro.

not as an everyday Podcasting PC. Also it would take me forever to get used to the off the wall controls of a mac. While I love Apple and all I think iPods and iPhone is where I'll stay in my fandom. Oh yeah and Apple TV lol

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If you aren't used to a Mac, then re-learning programs is going to require a lot of time & patience when you can just launch straight into the alternative.

Then again, I think the underlying problem for Mike was that his computer was 8 years old.

Guest TFG1Mike

Knightwing: while I'm sure that's true. The linked Tower I posted above is actually more powerful, has more memory, and hard drive space then any current mac. Plus as a bonus it has a Blu Ray Drive. For under a thousand bucks even after tax. Which most iMacs are over that price. I'm not hating on them at all right now gotta go with the best PC for the least amount of money. So far this fits everything I need.

Ian: yeah I think it's about time I got rid of this beastly thing. Christ it can be sooo slow at times. That and the constant auto shutdowns are getting to me. I think the power supply is bad.

Well, macs are made of higher-quality parts, so you actually get more bang for your buck. And speaking from experience, the mac podcasting software has a learning curve of about five minutes.

But hey, as long as you're going with a tower PC, it'll probably be fine anyway. Have fun with it! :)

Well, macs are made of higher-quality parts, so you actually get more bang for your buck. And speaking from experience, the mac podcasting software has a learning curve of about five minutes.

But hey, as long as you're going with a tower PC, it'll probably be fine anyway. Have fun with it! :)

I think my work computer is the same one you have.

I'm drinking beer again! Huzzah!

why'd you stop in the first place

I was on antibiotics for an interminable cough, but the pills started to reject themselves from my system yesterday, so I've called time on the drugs in favour of the drink.

I was on antibiotics for an interminable cough, but the pills started to reject themselves from my system yesterday, so I've called time on the drugs in favour of the drink.

Oh, Ian. You're me, but skinny, ginger, British and smart.

Oh, Ian. You're me, but skinny, ginger, British and smart.

:yes: