Me: We broke up over a year ago.

Her: Oh. See ya later.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Job hunting makes me want to drink.

What do you do with a B.A. in theatre?

Go to graduate school. Then teach theatre to other people.

Last night I was at a reading, and this transpired:

Her: Hey! How's it going?

Me: Good enough.

Her: How's Jenny?

Me: Okay, I guess.

Her: How come she's not here?

Me: ... I don't know. She's busy.

Her: Is she sick?

Me: I don't think so.

Her: Is she pregnant?

Me: If so, not by me. Heh.

Her: What?!

Me: We broke up over a year ago.

Her: Oh. See ya later.

This is why you should've left with me.

I found out that one of my employees, who had amassed $30k in personal debt, on credit cards and personal loans for clothing, holidays, etc, has declared bankruptcy and doesn't have to pay any of this back. Fine, whatever, stupid credit card companies for giving it to her in the first place I hear you say. She's nearly 40 years old and this happened about a month ago. Since then, she has spent $100's at a time on haircuts, shoes, weekend get aways and then in the last few days before pay day, she is eating tin spaghetti for lunch as she has run out of money. Oh yeah, and she needs to get her wisdom teeth out and can't afford it, so is trying to find a dentist that does payment plans. What the FUCK. You've just cleared your expense column by about $600 a month by not paying your financial obligations, how about you fucking rein in your spending for a couple of months for the sake of your health.

I have no idea who grants bankruptcies, but I would ask for 12 months of bank statements to see whether the person has changed and won't get themselves in that bind again. If they look like they have matured financially, then all good, otherwise, fuck them, they can' pay off the debt and live off cat food for all I care.

That is weird, but at the end of the day, she will have to deal with it, at some point, being made bankrupt affects chances of a mortgage and fucks up future credit, if I remember correctly.

Also, last year, I got myself into shitty debt, nowhere near that level, but bad for someone without a job, and rather than deal with it, I put my head in the sand. Sometimes you just think it'll fix itself*.

*Of course it didn't fix itself, I had to pay off what I owed and live off what I had left at the end of the day.

There apperently has been a screw-up when it comes to booking out the audio suites at the school here. Now I'm not scheduled to have a suite for another 3 hours (so I'm in "twiddle thumb" mode right now) but if 6PM rolls around and I'm not in a suite, I will be very very angry. I have to finish (and for all intents and purposes, start) a ten-minute radio doc that is due tomorrow. That includes laying down my narration, dropping in my audio clips (which sound so bad quality-wise that I'll be doing a LOT of work on them) getting some good background-music and SFX etc. It's going to be a long night.

That said the doc is about Ai-Kon so even if I'm here until the campus closes I'll have some ready-made material for AP.

Note: this is not directed to anyone on these forums, just angry and need to internet say it.

Your lack of planning does not constitute an emergency on my part.

Ah... students are fun, aren't they?

In my case, if I'm running stuff late, that's my problem. I don't dump it on my instructor (unless mitigating circumstances apply)

The ink on my railcard has faded, and today when getting my ticket, I was told that I would have to go and speak to the station staff about getting replacement card. The card is supposed to be valid for a year, and I got it in September, so that would mean I still have six months left on it. I go to the station I got it from, and they tell me that I'd need to buy another one. Costing me money, I don't have.

The ink on my railcard has faded, and today when getting my ticket, I was told that I would have to go and speak to the station staff about getting replacement card. The card is supposed to be valid for a year, and I got it in September, so that would mean I still have six months left on it. I go to the station I got it from, and they tell me that I'd need to buy another one. Costing me money, I don't have.

That's b.s. Talk to whoever's in charge of that person, and keep moving up the line until you get a free replacement.

I'm assuming it was hacked. I changed my info this morning, checked in this afternoon and saw that some of my posts were gone.

Tried again a few minutes ago and suddenly it was disabled. They didn't send me a warning or anything, so I know it's nothing that I did.

I saw two people cheating on a math test today. This one girl hadn't taken the test yet but she had one of the problems written down on a sheet of paper and she was asking this other guy to solve it for her.

I hate cheating. D= Our stupid high-achieving schools make people think they haveto cheat to be successful. Not that I'm complaining about being in a high-achieving school. It's good, I know. I'm getting a great education, and I'm really thankful for that. But some parents put so much pressure on their kids to get all As and then some people feel like they have to cheat to fulfill expectations and get into college, etc. And then I feel bad for getting mad at people who cheat because there's so much pressure on everyone, but at the same time I still think that cheating is wrong, and I keep going in circles until I just get confused...argh.

Someone for radio doc class (the same one that produced the content of the latest AP episode) did interviews that were scripted with classmates posing as other people (not allowed to interview classmates, voices were slightly altered, but still noticeable. Of course our instructor did not pick it up (same guy from last years Kellen/Kalen debacle. For the record he still calls me Kalen a lot.