Random video game thoughts

JackFetch

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, haven't played FFX-2 for a while, replaying to 100% for... no conceivable reason, really. Forgot how titacular and lesboriffic this game was (she says as she finishes the LeBlanc massage minigame).

Man, I remember a while back you were saying how much you hated this game. And now you're trying to 100% it? :blink:

So, haven't played FFX-2 for a while, replaying to 100% for... no conceivable reason, really. Forgot how titacular and lesboriffic this game was (she says as she finishes the LeBlanc massage minigame).

Man, I remember a while back you were saying how much you hated this game. And now you're trying to 100% it? :blink:

This is actually the one game that I go out of my way to never 100%, namely since, in addition to it just being extra hassle, your "reward" for doing it makes me want to throw up. Seriously, why the hell couldn't that... thing... stay dead?

World of Warcraft has done away with the 14 day trial and, instead went to a Free-to-play model through level 20. They still have the trial restrictions (Can't join groups, guilds, use the auction house, can only carry ten gold) but I can see this being good since, while an experienced player can hit level 20 in 5 hours to half a week, a new player, and I say this from experience, can take much longer than two weeks, especially if they like looking at all the nooks and crannies of the starting areas.

• 2 weeks later...

Monday it was announced that Mega Man Legends 3 had been cancelled.

With Inafune gone from Capcom, the whole future of Mega Man is in a weird place right now.

The fact that he wasn't added to UMvC3 is pretty telling.

Interesting little tidbit I found.

Before the Portal 2 co-op had the robots, the plan was to pair Chell with a character named Mel.

Portal2_mel.jpg

She actually had animations and everything specified, then later removed. A lot of of the GlaDOS dialogue is actually a hold over from that idea.

I've been watching a Let's Play of Simon the Sorcerer on Youtube for the past three hours. It's narrated by a cute-sounding English chick.

I don't even like Simon the Sorcerer.

My housemate is either on very tricky ethical grounds or he's winning some sort of brilliant parent award. He's trying out an idea where his son doesn't clean his plate at meal times Jon makes his punishment working down the mines in his Minecraft server, doing nothing but farming materials. William doesn't like it because it's playing a game he likes with no benefit to his own character and he's playing it in the most boring way possible. He get his right to play his own character removed for the duration of the punishment.

If items in WOW can be said to have real world value due to the time and effort that have gone into them, surely this is like running a sweatshop? He's literally sending his child down the mines. It's brilliant.

• 2 weeks later...

went and put some money down on games yesterday and found out i'd have to get rid of my battlefield 3 reserve if i wanted to kep my other three and maybe get batman super ultra mega deluxe sexy edition (which im sure if that was the name for any special edition i would deffinatly have to buy it). and truthfully i realized i didnt give two fucks about dropping it, im sure thats a sign im sick of first person shooters