Random movie and tv thoughts

JackFetch

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I liked the Anna/Kristoff love story being fairly realistic. I liked the turn Hans takes. I liked that sisterly love saved the day, rather than romantic love.

But none of those little things make up for the mind bending stupidity that sets the plot in motion, how terrible those trolls were and the utter waste of Josh Gad and Alan Tudyk.

And the music was... Ugh.

It's a big deal in our school (and by all accounts a load of others). There's never been a film that I haven't seen yet I know the entire story and most of the songs to just because all the children keep singing them.

'Let is go' is a pretty powerful song though...

I watched most of it over Christmas with my little cousin and it was...weird. As an adult, all I could see were the progressive moves it was making in contrast to Disney movies of the past. Which isn't to say that those moves are bad, it's good that they make the idea of love a little more complex and even throw in a bit about consent, just that the story is so thin it's easy to see what they're doing. I'm really interested if kids absorbed any of that or just got swept up by the songs.

Hans' turn is amazing though.

Frozen was pretty good, but once something gets super-mega popular, the only option for it is to become overrated.

This, yes. It's easy to hate something that's loved. There's just no way to escape the hype around it. I mean, how many legitimately crappy B-movies do we sit here and say are awesome, then we turn around and say something like Frozen is terrible?

IMO, Frozen is a really good kids musical, albeit not masterful. I like it just fine, especially the characters, but it's not nearly as enjoyable to me as Tangled was.

I partially blame Idina Menzel. After Rent and Wicked, there was no way I can look past how much I dislike her.

See, I'm the diametric opposite here, happy to see that she's getting her due finally, even if it is with a movie that might not be her at the top of her game. Hell, I'm just happy Disney stuck with her instead of trying the shit they pulled with Tangled's voice cast all over again.

It's a big deal in our school (and by all accounts a load of others). There's never been a film that I haven't seen yet I know the entire story and most of the songs to just because all the children keep singing them.

'Let is go' is a pretty powerful song though...

I had a similar experience in a museum showing. My favorite character is Oaken.

Two things: 1) Last night's episode of The Venture Brothers was well worth the wait. 2) After you watch it, there's an epilogue on Adult Swim's website that includes a trailer for Season 6.

1. Hells yes!

2. Thanks for pointing me there!

The best laugh is in the damn epilogue!