Random movie and tv thoughts

JackFetch

HOLY SHIT! Matt and I mainlined all of Danger 5 and it might be one of the most fucked up and awesome thing I have ever seen. I cannot recommend it more. A better description can be taken from Jack in the Netflix thread:

If Sid and Marty Kroft made a live action Thunderbirds for Adult Swim, it would be Danger 5. It's the most batshit thing I've seen in a long time. Did I mention Hitler is the villain?

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Kind of? He seems like he definitely has potential, but we haven't really seen enough to know if he'll make a good host.

I actually kind of hate the "Jon turns to the left and talks to a correspondent" segments just because it's painfully obvious that the correspondents are being asked to play "characters" and read over-the-top lines word for word while Jon kind of sits there and watches. The only way I think we'll have a good idea if he'll make a good host is to wait and see if he makes a good host. Or I guess we could go and watch his backlog of comedy, including stand-up as well as all those times he hosted his own talk shows, but that would be work, so... yeah.

I've decided I'm going to wait to watch the Daily Show after the switch. Nothing against the guy. I don't know anything about him. I just want to give him time to find his voice. I really think John Oliver would have been the best choice, but he's probably got a contract with HBO.

In other news:

p8XUvg5.jpg

Pre-ordering the Decline of Western Civilization Collection from Shout Factory today made me feel better than any movie released this year will make me feel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qKlZELdJh8

^best interview in music journalism history right there. Just one of the gems found in the first two films let alone the third never before released film!

Disney's release schedule through 2017:

Summer 2015:

Avengers: Age of Ultron (Marvel)

Tomorrowland

Inside Out (Pixar)

Ant-Man (Marvel)

Fall 2015:

Bridge of Spies (DreamWorks)

The Good Dinosaur (Pixar)

Winter 2015:

Star Wars VII: The Force Awakens (Star Wars)

The Finest Hours

Spring 2016:

Zootopia

The Jungle Book

Alice: Through the Looking Glass

Summer 2016:

Captain America: Civil War (Marvel)

Finding Dory (Pixar)

The BFG

Fall 2016:

Pete's Dragon

Moana