The leisurely comic discussion thread

Aaron Robinson

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This past weekend, Astro City artist Brent Anderson had over 200 pages of original comic book art stolen from his car in San Diego. The list is as follows:

- 50 pages from Astro City and Astro City: Local Heroes

- 50 pages from Astro City: The Dark Age

- 50 pages from Rising Stars

- 45 Pages from Green Lantern: Legacy

- 8 pages from Green Lantern / Plastic Man: Weapons of Mass Deception

- 4 pages from Silver Age: Green Lantern

If you see any of his work on eBay, report it to him ASAP via Facebook or e-mail him.

I think it's a good move, personally. Even though I order my comics online, I still go to my local store once every week or so, and those Flashpoint tie-ins have not moved at all. And they have a healthy amount of them too. It's weird because the regular mini is flying, but ever since they announced the big change, no one cares about these tie in books, at least in talking from the people that work at the store.

HA! I was literally wondering the same thing yesterday. My best guess is that it became a victim of its own success, and died a quick death once the novelty wore off.

I lost interest after issue 3. It started out so well, then got dull, pretty fast.

I love the whole run, which, I'm a little surprised is something of a minority opinion.

Thought this was interesting. JMS talks about his recent DC work, including Superman, Superman: Earth-One, and Wonder Woman.

Basically, he says that DC decided to pull him off the monthly comics in order to push the Earth-One sequel out faster, and he's taking a 2-3 year sabbatical from monthly comics in order to examine what he did right or wrong with Superman and Wonder Woman.

I actually went back and reread JMS's Wonder Woman run up until the present. It does feel better when he's not writing it all directly but I can also see where he was going with the early issues now. It needed some of the moments earlier in the story and the timeline gets even more wonky towards the end but I'm enjoying it a bit more now than I did before.

I actually went back and reread JMS's Wonder Woman run up until the present. It does feel better when he's not writing it all directly but I can also see where he was going with the early issues now. It needed some of the moments earlier in the story and the timeline gets even more wonky towards the end but I'm enjoying it a bit more now than I did before.

So, could you explain what happened in it? I think I read an issue in the middle of the run 607, and made no fucking sense of any of it.

All I get from that article is "Barry Allen's return is bad from Wally West's perspective."

Furthermore, Marv Wolfman says in the introduction to Crisis on Infinite Earths that he specifically wrote Barry's death with the backdoor possibility of him returning to life one day. And hey, Barry was gone from comics for about 22 years. As comics go, that's far from a cop-out death.

It's not that that article is entirely wrong (it makes some great points), it's just that it only works if you come at it from the perspective of a Wally fan.

Personally, I think they should just give Wally the Nightwing treatment. Make him his own man.

The single most interesting and important thing Barry Allen ever did was die. Even if you discount the fact that his coming back undermines Wally's character, his resurrection undoes and makes inconsequential the only truly moving thing Barry ever did.

I grew up as a Barry fan, and I couldn't agree with Chris' point more.

It's not that that article is entirely wrong (it makes some great points), it's just that it only works if you come at it from the perspective of a Wally fan.

Not really. I haven't read enough Flash comics to have a strong opinion either way, but what I get from that article is that Wally West had 22 years of depth and development and then was casually pushed to the side to give Barry (essentially a blank slate now that he's been brought back from the dead) the spotlight.