Blue Beetle

Batman & Robin

The Flash

Green Arrow

Nightwing (that looks BADASS)

Static Shock

Teen Titans

The rest are anywhere from "decent" to "bleh."

I do like that the Superman and GL books are keeping their classic logos, though I'm not sure it was necessary.

I'm actually not liking the tilted 3D effect on a lot of the logos, the Justice League ones in particular. Yeah, it grabs your eye, but it feels like it's trying too hard. On the other hand, the "zoom" effect on the Flash logo is pretty awesome.

(oh, and yeah, the Blackhawks logo totally looks like a crappy high school sports team.)

According to Newsarama, over 200,000 copies of Justice League #1 have been ordered. Also, six other unnamed DCnU comics have sold more than 100,000. This sounds great, but as the article notes, that's only seven (or 13.5%) of the initial 52 titles that broke the 100,000 mark.

It's a great bump for DC when it comes to the monthly market share, but you can bet they wanted more than seven comics to sell greater than 100,000 copies. I mean, there are 11 Batman-related books (if you count Birds of Prey as a Batman spinoff), four Superman family comics, four Lantern comics, and three Justice League books. That's 22 books. Of those 22 alone, half should have broken 100,000:

Batman

Batman & Robin

Batman: The Dark Knight

Detective Comics

Batgirl (because Barbara is Batgirl once more)

Action Comics

Superman

Green Lantern

Green Lantern Corps

Justice League

Justice League International

Yeah, that's only a four-comic jump from what actually sold, but that's 21.2% rather than 13.5%. And, outside of Fear Itself, DC would have owned the top ten.

Regarding my previous post, I don't want it to come across like this is DOOM~! for DC or that I'm happy more didn't top 100,000. It isn't that at all. In fact, I hope they pull a rare jump in sales with later issues, once people warm to the idea and word-of-mouth spreads.

Regarding my previous post, I don't want it to come across like this is DOOM~! for DC or that I'm happy more didn't top 100,000. It isn't that at all. In fact, I hope they pull a rare jump in sales with later issues, once people warm to the idea and word-of-mouth spreads.

Not to bring this down even further, but remember these are all sold to direct market books, and are returnable. So, although this looks alright for DC right now, this doesn't mean numbers that they will actually sell through to consumers.

In Kid Flash Lost #3:

Bart gives up his own life and speed to help Barry solve the Flashpoint. He is lost to the speed force in the same way Barry died in COIE.

This is leading me to think that the Kid Flash in Teen Titans is now Wally West.

That sort of echoes the Young Justice deal at the moment, so I could see it happening.

Hmm. What does that mean for Booster Gold? If that's the case, how did he get to the 21st century?

I think it's supposed to mean that time travel is currently impossible (after the point at which Flashpoint happens), but characters like Booster time-traveled before that happened.

In Kid Flash Lost #3:

Bart gives up his own life and speed to help Barry solve the Flashpoint. He is lost to the speed force in the same way Barry died in COIE.

This is leading me to think that the Kid Flash in Teen Titans is now Wally West.

That sort of echoes the Young Justice deal at the moment, so I could see it happening.

They've already confirmed that Kid Flash is still Bart.

Those quotes have to do with the new 52, so they're saying time travel in the DCnU is not possible because of the conclusion of Flashpoint. And if the conclusion of Flashpoint is altering DC's history to the point that the Kents are dead and the Justice League is just now forming, its effects reach back decades, if not centuries. So Booster couldn't have traveled through time to end up here.

I don't think that's how it works. For one thing, they're talking about time travel being "closed off," meaning that it was probably "open" at some point.

Furthermore, it's possible that Flashpoint might be an event remembered by parts of the DCU, even if they don't remember the previous incarnation of the universe (exactly like Crisis on Infinite Earths). So Flashpoint still happened in the DCnU, and after it happened, time travel became closed off.

I seem to remember Grant Morrison mentioning at SDCC that the Legion meets young Clark in Superman's new origin story, so time travel, at some point, was possible in the DCnU.

Man, and here I was hoping for a Booster Gold: Janitor of the Future! book. See thrills as Booster dusts exhibits! Feel chills as he takes on his arch villians, Vomit and Backed Up Toilet! Laugh along with his sidekick Scats, the Power Plunger!

Honestly, the other possibility. Booster, through some fluke, was able to pass effectively between the Old DCU and Flashpoint worlds. It's concievable that the same thing happens here with Booster being an anomoly, a person that shouldn't exist in the new reality. If anything, it means Booster is the only one who will be able to fix reality in a year or two.

If true, the end of Kid Flash Lost was pretty much fucking pointless.

Wouldn't it then be sort of like Terry's death in The Once and Future Thing? Yeah, he comes back once the timeline is set back into place, but it doesn't make his death any less important in that moment.

No.

Terry's death was part of a possible future timeline, that happened, because a villain was able to fuck with the past and future, the villain was then stopped in the past, before he ever started stealing, so Terry never really died.

In this, Bart sacrifices himself so's that Barry has the ability to defeat Zoom and fix the Flashpoint. Bart dies the exact same way Barry did in COIE, with fading out of existence, after being told he does matter to Barry.

If Bart comes back right away as if nothing happened, then his death means nothing, and they should just have ended the panel with "Go get em Grandpa" instead of showing Bart die. If he comes back, right away, after being killed in the speed force, then the whole "Dead is dead" thing is worthless.

Honestly, the other possibility. Booster, through some fluke, was able to pass effectively between the Old DCU and Flashpoint worlds. It's concievable that the same thing happens here with Booster being an anomoly, a person that shouldn't exist in the new reality. If anything, it means Booster is the only one who will be able to fix reality in a year or two.

While that would be awesome, I think it's just wishful thinking. I think we're stuck with the DCnU, like it or not.

To make things even more confusing, Earth-Two will exist post-reboot.

Let us get settled on one Earth and one new continuity before throwing another at us DC. Please. Seriously, I don't want to see any reality-altering / alternate reality stories for at least three years. But nope. Earth-Two.