• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

axtion comcs was good, fun, and lex is still a dick

animal man skipped for now

batgirl way too dramatizwd, wordy, and boring

batwing i liked only problems i see are a bit graphic and if he's the batman of africa do we really need batman there too?

detective was ehh, it was riddled with bad writing, it kinda seemed that it was batman and jokers first encounter but was contradicted at every turn

green arrow, okay hes modernized and in touch with thenew hip crowd unfortunately cracking boring jokes and being drawn dramaticly doesnt make you a real character it makes you a cardboard cutout. that said i do like the art

hawk and dove skipped for now

JLI was interesting, very political and wordy but interesting

not interested in the second story in sergent rock and for now im done reading

Edited by bobobob_100

How many people has Bruce trained?

Actually, most of the "Batmen" in other countries were inspired by Batman and trained themselves.

You'd have thought that with all Batman did to train himself, all the masters he sought out, all the Robins and Batgirls and others that he's trained he'd be the first to insist on a minimum level of ability, especially to go with his own brand but no, apparently a 2 day visit is enough for someone to get a blank cheque and rights to his image.

You weren't a big fan of Batman Inc, were you?

I'm going into these books as someone that stopped reading DC years ago, and Batman Inc. sounded like the worst idea ever. In Justice League Batman is a myth, and five years later there are a bunch of them all over the place? It takes the mystique out of the character if there are a bunch of them.

It made more sense in the post-Crisis continuity when Batman had a crime fighting career of 15 years as opposed to 5+. While it is a stretch in the new DC continuity, it's not implausible as Batman will stop being a myth once he starts working with the Justice League. As far as the "Batmen" themselves, I think inspiring others to fight crime is a natural extension of Batman. And while they've shown people who are inspired by him, they've made it clear that Bruce is the only true Batman.

It made more sense in the post-Crisis continuity when Batman had a crime fighting career of 15 years as opposed to 5+. While it is a stretch in the new DC continuity, it's not implausible as Batman will stop being a myth once he starts working with the Justice League. As far as the "Batmen" themselves, I think inspiring others to fight crime is a natural extension of Batman. And while they've shown people who are inspired by him, they've made it clear that Bruce is the only true Batman.

I feel like they are turning him into the Wolverine of DC because he's involved in so many books now. He seems to be opening a Batman school on every corner.

I hate the idea of B. Gordon being Batgirl again, but at least they didn't wipe The Killing Joke from history.

Is Arsenal still a heroin addict? And is Lian still dead? Because they can undo that, and it won't bother me at all.

Reading Batgirl, you'd come away thinking that she was never Oracle with the way she's been acting.

Arsenal is sober from drugs, according to all accounts. And since everyone is young, hip and cool in the DCnU, Lian's yet to be born.

I feel like they are turning him into the Wolverine of DC because he's involved in so many books now. He seems to be opening a Batman school on every corner.

To be fair, he's only on two teams, and only one full time. All the other books he's in (Detective, Batman, & Robin) are just different looks at his regular job in Gotham. It's not like Wolverine who was literally in five places at once in the same continuity.

The Source blog responds:

You might have read online today about a particularly strong reaction that a comic book retailer has had to ACTION COMICS issue 1 by Grant Morrison and Rags Morales. If not, here’s the scoop: a retailer in North Carolina was concerned that Superman is cursing when he utters “gd” in the series’ first issue.

Before I could even reach out to Grant Morrison for comment, I received an e-mail from Grant, which read in part:

“It should go without saying that the offending panel and caption, a mere ‘GD’, is a sound effect grunt – to suggest Superman’s breath being forced through gritted teeth – much like ‘DHH’, ‘GNUHH’ or the many others used throughout this book and in general in the comics business. It’s not in any way representative of God or a curse.”

I've read two books so far, excluding JL, which is from last week.

JLI: Well, that was a first issue. Nothing really happens, yet more kind of happens story wise than in Justice League, it's a book that does feel like it was written with a trade in mind, as this sort of read more like a preview than a first issue to me.

Detective Comics: The art in this felt, a bit different from what I've seen Tony Daniel do in the past, even when he was drawing Bruce during Morrison's Batman run. Maybe it's the inker, but this just looked so different than his other work art wise. Not better, not worse, just different. Story felt like something that should have been in Batman: Confidential, or some other book that doesn't take place at any point in continuity and is just a sort of fun Batman VS The Joker story for several issues. Yes, there's some very dark, graphic moments, but this book just wasn't that great, and the ending isn't that big a deal, as I can see them undoing it in about two issues. Overall, another story that felt like a long preview than it did an actual comic book that costs $2.99.