DC reboot

dc20willsave

Also keep in mind that Batman and GL were basically going to Metropolis to arrest Superman, and GL spent the whole time talking about how he'd kick Supes' ass. There's a good chance Superman heard some of their conversation and knew what was going on. Also, judging by what little we've seen of Action Comics, there's definitely been some people out to take down Superman, and that's chronologically only a few months before this.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Also keep in mind that Batman and GL were basically going to Metropolis to arrest Superman, and GL spent the whole time talking about how he'd kick Supes' ass. There's a good chance Superman heard some of their conversation and knew what was going on. Also, judging by what little we've seen of Action Comics, there's definitely been some people out to take down Superman, and that's chronologically only a few months before this.

I don't remember them saying anything about arresting him. They just wanted to find out if he had anything to do with the alien presence because he's the only alien they knew of on Earth. GL is the idiot that went in wanting to fight. Also, when Batman was talking about his power level, I think it was a "over 9000" joke.

Justice League #1 again-

I don't get how Green Lantern leaps to the conclusion that because it's alien it might be to do with Superman. I can see someone earth-bound thinking that, someone for whom their only knowledge of extra terrestrials might be Supes-based speculation, but Green Lantern? He's met a BILLION aliens. Why assume it's to do with this one guy? There's like zero actual detective work here and between the world greatest detective and a man with the world most complex and capable analytical device that's fucking depressing. I know the ring said it was unrecognisable, but maybe you want to try more than a 2 second analysis? Maybe it has radiation you can track. Maybe the translation database can read the writing on the thing. Maybe there's something of the bomber left over to examine. No, they needed to get to Superman before the break.

Also slightly irritated that although John's is making him a look a little like a fool compared to Batman he still put GL in as the second hero we ever encounter in this world. Green Lantern? I know the guy's books sell and everything, but seriously, take a page from the DCAU and don't sully the first Batman/Superman meeting with a third wheel. I at least hope Hal remained out for the count next issue.

Justice League #1 again-

I don't get how Green Lantern leaps to the conclusion that because it's alien it might be to do with Superman. I can see someone earth-bound thinking that, someone for whom their only knowledge of extra terrestrials might be Supes-based speculation, but Green Lantern? He's met a BILLION aliens. Why assume it's to do with this one guy? There's like zero actual detective work here and between the world greatest detective and a man with the world most complex and capable analytical device that's fucking depressing. I know the ring said it was unrecognisable, but maybe you want to try more than a 2 second analysis? Maybe it has radiation you can track. Maybe the translation database can read the writing on the thing. Maybe there's something of the bomber left over to examine. No, they needed to get to Superman before the break.

Also slightly irritated that although John's is making him a look a little like a fool compared to Batman he still put GL in as the second hero we ever encounter in this world. Green Lantern? I know the guy's books sell and everything, but seriously, take a page from the DCAU and don't sully the first Batman/Superman meeting with a third wheel. I at least hope Hal remained out for the count next issue.

At this point, it's unclear how many aliens are on Earth. So, maybe Hal jamp to that conclusion, because he thought that it was this crazy villain, who calls himself Superman trying to find a way to take his sector down, by integrating himself into society.

I know that's an extreme leap, and it seems like I'm defending the book, but I'm just trying to find realistic ways to justify the actions in a book, that once again, I feel was written for a trade.

Justice League #1 again-

At this point, it's unclear how many aliens are on Earth. So, maybe Hal jamp to that conclusion, because he thought that it was this crazy villain, who calls himself Superman trying to find a way to take his sector down, by integrating himself into society.

I know that's an extreme leap, and it seems like I'm defending the book, but I'm just trying to find realistic ways to justify the actions in a book, that once again, I feel was written for a trade.

Probably very few. His ring should be able to tell him, it's done so in the past.

On GL, how far do we think they're protecting the existing continuity of that story? Clearly Sinestro still lead the Yellow corps, did Blackest Night still happen? Did Hal become Parralax and destroy the corps, because that's still the basis for everything going on in those books, it's the root of the revealing of the entities. That's kind of a lot to do and then die and come back from in the 5ish years he's been operational. If he turned evil a year after he got there, died saving the sun the next year, was the Spectre the year after and then was resurrected the year after that, I honestly don't see why the JLA would trust him on any level.

Also, we get all four Robins in the new world. What is that, Dick quit the first year, Jason got killed in the third, Tim signed up in the fourth and then went off to be Red Robin in the 5th? I don't want to see those characters die or be written out, but how do they fit into all this?

On GL, how far do we think they're protecting the existing continuity of that story? Clearly Sinestro still lead the Yellow corps, did Blackest Night still happen? Did Hal become Parralax and destroy the corps, because that's still the basis for everything going on in those books, it's the root of the revealing of the entities. That's kind of a lot to do and then die and come back from in the 5ish years he's been operational. If he turned evil a year after he got there, died saving the sun the next year, was the Spectre the year after and then was resurrected the year after that, I honestly don't see why the JLA would trust him on any level.

Also, we get all four Robins in the new world. What is that, Dick quit the first year, Jason got killed in the third, Tim signed up in the fourth and then went off to be Red Robin in the 5th? I don't want to see those characters die or be written out, but how do they fit into all this?

I'm pretty sure all the GL stuff from Johns' era still happened. I dunno about the rest.

They've already said that Batman and Robin were around before the 5-year flashback fighting from the shadows as urban legends, so there was a lot more than 5 years for them to grow.

I'm pretty sure all the GL stuff from Johns' era still happened. I dunno about the rest.

They've already said that Batman and Robin were around before the 5-year flashback fighting from the shadows as urban legends, so there was a lot more than 5 years for them to grow.

Fair enough, but it does move all the sidekicks up from boy wonders to late teens, even if you allow a ten year span (which is reasonable if they appropriately de-aged Bruce).

The official word is that Superman, and super heroes in general, went public 5 years prior. Hal and Bats could be seasoned pros by this point. Only things that become questionable are the history of the Titans in this but even that can be rectifyed.

Right now, just pull Cyborg from the Titans, or say in the five years that pass between this story, and the current DCnU, have Cyborg become the mentor to the Titans.

If that's the case, what does that mean for

Bart? He's Barry's grandson from the 30th century. I mean, sure, you can say Barry will eventually marry Iris and have kids, who will, in turn, spawn Bart, who will then travel to the past to join the Teen Titans. But that's too much future continuity to saddle this "single... bachelor" with. More and more, I'm thinking Bart will be a cousin, not his time traveling grandson.

Bart? He's Barry's grandson from the 30th century. I mean, sure, you can say Barry will eventually marry Iris and have kids, who will, in turn, spawn Bart, who will then travel to the past to join the Teen Titans. But that's too much future continuity to saddle this "single... bachelor" with. More and more, I'm thinking Bart will be a cousin, not his time traveling grandson.

I hope they go with the storyline that he really IS his grandson from the future, but that his grandmother is someone he finds utterly repellent, so he's saddled with the knowledge that if he doesn't ahem "invest" in her then he's effectively killing his own grandson.

I just want Barry to have a storyline that provides a little more in the way of interesting character challenges beyond "Man, I'm gonna have to run REALLY fast to win this time".

I hope they go with the storyline that he really IS his grandson from the future, but that his grandmother is someone he finds utterly repellent, so he's saddled with the knowledge that if he doesn't ahem "invest" in her then he's effectively killing his own grandson.

I just want Barry to have a storyline that provides a little more in the way of interesting character challenges beyond "Man, I'm gonna have to run REALLY fast to win this time".

Playing with the stupid shit they've said in Flashpoint, here's another one of my interpretations, on that matter:

Bart is related to both Barry and Thawne, and since Zoom now exists outside of the timeline, and no longer needs Barry to exist, the same could be said about Bart.

Because he was stuck in the speed force, as a part of it, or possibly dead, and outside of the Universe at the time, he will become an anomaly, who is able to exist without Iris and Barry getting together. Which is the same justification Zoom gave for being able to kill Barry during Flashpoint.

As Zoom was killed by Batman, his negative speed powers could have been transferred to the closest relation to the Thawne family in the DCU, and Bart is that person, as he's the offspring of the Thawne's and Allen's getting together, isn't he?

That's how I think they'll explain it if they wanted to be overly complicated. Here's the other response:

It's the speed-force. We don't have to explain it.

If Austen's Idea is right, then I really want Bart and Booster Gold, who might also be an anomoly given how his series ended, to compare notes and realize they both remember the old world.

That would actually be cool. The idea after Crisis on Infinite Earths was that there was a VERY select few who could remember what the universe was like before the Crisis, but that was rarely touched upon.