DC reboot

dc20willsave

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

And apparently there is no Teen Titans continuity. Which means that the current Titans were the first Titans. Which means I'll be over here reading my Wolfman/Perez Omnibi while those retards by that garbage. I mean continuity is okay for GL and Batman but not others right? Fucking so poorly constructed.

On the other hand, I forgot to order Dial H #2 and am hurting because I haven't read it. Thanks to DCBS, I have issues 2 and 3 on the way right now.

Apparently, the Teen Titans did in fact exist in their New Teen Titans form (they've been repeatedly referenced), they just weren't called the Titans. It's a weird distinction.

The vague idea is that no continuity outside of bare-bones Batman and Green Lantern stuff is left the same. So, basically, there were four Robins, A Death in the Family happened, The Killing Joke happened, and most or all of Johns' run on GL happened. Everything else is basically "maybe, but not worth betting on."

It's the same deal that happened in '86 with Crisis.

Okay.

No Teen Titans.

The Question is a magic character.

Wally West is gone.

Dick Grayson isn't Batman anymore.

Superman isn't married to Lois Lane.

The Joker has no face, for some reason.

I'll be over here with Frankenstein, Animal Man and Dial H. ...Ugh.

well... since I never regularly picked up books before the new 52 and I'm not that well versed in the original DC continuity... I have no problems with the continuity changes in the books I'm getting... and I can't wait for October so I can see what Scott Snyder is doing with The Joker... I have faith that the reason for cutting The Joker's face off isn't going to be dumb, because Scott Snyder is awesome...

The decision to basically put Joker behind a mask is insane. The one villain who's expressions are most significant.

I mean, you wouldn't put Nicolas Cage under a mask would you? Ok, yes, Kick-ass, bad example. You wouldn't remove Nicolas Cages face and staple a limp lifeless substitute in it's place. Not unless your name is John Woo.

The decision to basically put Joker behind a mask is insane. The one villain who's expressions are most significant.

I mean, you wouldn't put Nicolas Cage under a mask would you? Ok, yes, Kick-ass, bad example. You wouldn't remove Nicolas Cages face and staple a limp lifeless substitute in it's place. Not unless your name is John Woo.

John Travolta doing his best Nicolas Cage impression was the highlight of that, and any other movie Travolta or Cage have been a part of.

I'm not judging the image, as it's likely just to get some PR for the storyline, I actually want to see what Snyder does with the Joker, as he only teased what he'd do a little in his Detective run.

I doubt they ever will. My guess is, within the next year they'll quietly drop the whole "five years" thing, because it's too confusing for them to keep track of.

Which is why this whole idea was damned from conception. If the company producing the product can't be bother to straighten out the information they're telling their fans to rely on, then why should they be rewarded with our money?

Sent this to the wife while she was at work:

Preston: http://shelf-life.ew.com/2012/08/22/justice-league-12-exclusive/

Preston: And I'm out.

Michelle: I am underwhelmed.

Michelle: Also, I am all the creeped out by how big his hand is on the back of her head. It's way out of proportion.

Michelle: It's like if she kisses badly he's just gonna crush her head.