JLA Draft

dc20willsave

The Mad Hatter is in custody and it might also be a school night. Tim runs across the rooftops of Gotham, jumping over the alleys, passing between ionic columns... wait, what?

Is Maxie Zeus back in town? No, villains may come back from the dead everyday but Maxie? Really? The stars in the sky are not terrestrial constellations so some kind of aliens obsessed with Greek Architecture. That evens it down quite a bit actually.

"Hello, Tim," says Donna Troy. Her hair blends with the starscape around her as she lands into the temple square.

"Is there a reason you brought me here? I still have some geometry to get done. Is this New Kronos? I thought it... okay, I don't know what happened to it be honest."

"I still had it. It's been in hibernation but since time runs different on it, it's like I never left," Donna lands and sits by a fountain," As for why you're here, did you know that in around 50% of all universes, you become Batman?"

"How do you know that? Also, why are we orbiting Venus?" Tim asks, walking closer to the fountain.

Donna produces a golden orb that levitates over hand. "Using the Harbinger's History Orb."

"I thought that only had the history of the Universe?" Tim asks.

"The Harbinger traveled the Multiverse with the Monitor. She recorded much more than a history of our universe."

"Then why do you need me?"

Donna smiles.

"You're the detective. I'm sure you can figure it out."

Donna_Troy_006.jpg

Donna Troy is the sister of Wonder Woman. In addition to being trained by the Amazons in combat, she has super strength, speed, reflexes, and durability and possesses flight. She is equipped with Bracelets that can deflect ranged projectiles and her Lasso of Persuasion. Donna also possesses the memories of every Donna Troy from the multiverse and the Harbinger's History Orb.

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

END OF ROUND TWO:

"I don't like this."

"I don't blame you."

"I don't know anything about magic and Zatanna vouches for you. That's the only reason you're here."

"I'm touched."

"No smoking in the Watchtower."

John_Constantine.jpg

John Constantine

BEGINNING OF ROUND THREE:

hawkman1.jpg

Hawkman (Katar Hol)

"Donna, if I help you with this, there's one person I want in," Tim Drake says.

They walk through the hallways of New Kronos. Passageways that leads to rooms that can't exist in nature, at least one or two sets of Escher stairs. Finally, they arrive at what Tim thinks is the control room. A hologram of Earth floats in the center of the room.

"Of course Tim. In every universe you become Batman, he becomes Superman," Donna says, touching buttons. The hologram zooms into North America.

Tim sees the loaded question. "What about the ones where I don't?"

"He either doesn't exist or he ends up taking up after his other father."

The Hologram zooms in on Smallville, Kansas. A young man in a Black T-Shirt is standing in the room, at first confused then seeing his best friend.

"Tim, why am I here? There was a giant mole attacking the farm. I just put it down and then..."

Donna puts a hand up, "It's me. Connor, we'd like your help with a problem."

Conner_Kent_001.jpg

Superboy is the genetic clone of Superman and Lex Luthor. He possesses many of the same powers as any Kryptonian while under a yellow sun. In addition, Connor has tactile telekinesis, making up for many of the deficiencies he might have in his powerset from the original Superman. If he has inherited any of Lex Luthor's intellect, shiny head, or pastry larceny skills is yet to be seen.

A siren screams through the streets of Gotham disturbing nothing. It's cold, so the people on the street have their collars upturned and their shoulders shrugged as they make their way to someplace warm. Most of them, anyway.

In the oppressive cold, it is easy to tell who it is who is willing to cause trouble, and the first ones you look at are those standing around on the street.

"I could make her do it."

"Shut up."

"I liked you better when you were in France."

"You weren't there."

"Exactly."

"Will you shut up and take this envelope?"

The only noise she makes is a flap in the wind as the kevlar cape cuts through the cold night air. She delivers a kick so fast and brutal that it would incapacitate any man with whom it connected. In fact, you might say the only man who could dodge such a kick would be the fastest man on earth. And he is.

"Flash?!" Batgirl whisper-shouted as he side-stepped her kick and grabbed her wrist.

"Hello, Cassandra. This is - "

"Maxwell Lord. I know of him. Why are you with him and speaking my name in his presence?"

"Nice to meet you too."

"Shut up, Max. Cassandra, we have some unfinished business that I only heard about this evening. Business that you should probably not tell Batman about."

"No deaths."

Wally paused. "I can't say that for sure. I want it to be true. If this is what I think it is, Cassandra, it's bad. Really bad."

"You've got me, then."

"Thank you. But I don't want Batgirl. I want Kasumi."

Kasumi.jpg