Randomness

Missy

Last night I spent a few hours with Niki, Tim, and Niki's cousin Andrew. This kid, who's nine, kept schooling me on comic book trivia. He knew that Sandman and The Vulture were two of Spider-Man's earliest foes, he spoke about Owlman being a cool Batman villain, we talked about when Spider-Man grew his extra arms, and so much more. Whenever he'd mention something, I'd have to ask myself, "Is that right?" And as I thought about it, it dawned on me, "Holy shit! He's right!" It was so cool being outdone by a child, 'cause it means his mind is flooded with all of these characters and stories. It nearly brought a happy tear to my eye.

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My roommate and I just finished showing her 7-year old son the original theatrical release of Star Wars for the first time.

Jeff: He's scary. (referring to Chewbacca)

Me: He's in the LEGO games you play all the time.

Jeff: But he's not hairy in LEGO. Real life is hairy, scary, and creepy.

[Roommate and I exchange look]

Me: I'm putting that on a T-Shirt.

Roommate: ...and selling it at cons.

I had a dream about earth-2 last night.

Mike had taken over the world with James and Ian acting as General and Prime minister. Together they banned non-earth-2 Podcasts and destroyed Milwaukee.

Very strange night....

-Skyler

As long as it wasn't Madison. They should've also taken Kenosha, for good measure.

I just watched an episode of Scooby Doo guest starring Batman and Robin.

I guess Batman realized that he was jealous of Robin's beautiful bare legs and decided to show off his own. Because in one shot he was definitely pantless. Underwear and boots, yes. Tights, no. No, no, no.

Arrived home to find a UPS InfoNotice on the door.

First delivery attempt. Signature needed.

While I've been ordering a slew of stuff for my new place (WOOO finding deals online and not having to schlep out to brick-and-mortar stores!), I'm not expecting anything; my last purchases (a large, carpeted LP case and a p-mount stylus cartridge for my record player) arrived last week.

I checked the online tracking through UPS's website, and it says the package originated in Brooklyn, New York. No company is listed.

Weird.