The Dark Knight Rises

annericelover

• Replies 747
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The rumored plot:

Following Anne Hathaway's recent revelation that she will in fact appear as Catwoman in the movie (and not just as her alter ego, Selina Kyle), a source has told Badass Digest that by the end of the film, Catwoman will not be a villain at all but instead will team up with the Caped Crusader. Their common enemy? The League of Shadows, led by Talia al Ghul (presumably played by Marion Cotillard) and her "muscle/possible love interest," Bane (Tom Hardy). Apparently their fellow Inception star Joseph Gordon-Levitt's yet-to-be-identified character will also be an ally of the League of Shadows as well.

http://blastr.com/2011/03/rumor-of-the-day-bat-and.php

If this is true, and I believe it is, then I'm sad he's doing a story that's been done to death instead of doing something different.

It's all fan speculation until we get Nolan confirmation, or until someone leaks the shooting script.

Also, if that is true, uhm, no.

Bane is capable of being something other than someone's boy toy, people! Do you not remember what happened when we went that route in THAT movie?

I'd just like to see an interpretation of him that shows off the brains part of his character, instead of him being some bigger baddie's flunky/muscle. It's completely possible for him to be an independent contractor, damnit!

:P

Now, IMHO, if we absolutely have to go the working for Talia route, I'd far prefer it as a she hired him for a League job/might try to seduce him so she can get daddy his heir thing, not a "she has him wrapped around her little finger" thing.

So, we're totally ignoring the last film, I guess?

Only if the rumour's being taken as fact - I'm a lot more sceptical on that front than Jack is. But as you say, the rumour doesn't seem to touch on the events of TDK at all. I blame the notion that Talia's in the film, personally. Unless Nolan doesn't actually have her be Ra's daughter, then her inclusion would seem bizarrely crowbarred in.

And Bane as a boy-toy grunt has been done before. Terribly.

• 2 weeks later...
Speculation has run rampant regarding the role, with blogs pegging the part as The Riddler or Deadshot, but insiders tell Variety that Gordon-Levitt will be playing Alberto Falcone, the son of Mafia chieftain Carmine Falcone, the character Tom Wilkinson played in "Batman Begins."

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/129118-gordon-levitts-the-dark-knight-rises-role-revealed