The Dark Knight Rises

annericelover

All I know is that someone ran the chant through an analysis and they got something that led them to the @thefirerises Twitter account. My bet is something to do with either Ra's or Bane, language wise.

If you examine the sound file from the website itself in a specific manner, the waveforms actually spell out "#TheFireRises".

Did some research. The actual chant is apparently Moroccan, and it says "he rises, he rises."

• Replies 747
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A thought on the trailer that just hit me.

Gordon seems to know Bruce is Batman. Fine, whatever. It also seems that Bruce has quit as Bats. Doesn't that fly in the face of everything Bruce and even further Gordon, said about him at the end of TDK?

Depends on how late in the movie that scene comes from.

I could see that being towards the last half of the movie or so, especially if Bane goes on a systematic rampage against people connected to the Bat. And depending on what happens in DKR, I could see Bane putting Bruce out of commission for some time around the midpoint of the film.

Darryll and I discussed what may appear to be Nolan's attempt to silence those who criticize his filming of fight scenes with Bane and Batman squaring off but there's reasons that these fight scenes are muddy. Bale and Hardy are not Norris and Lee. You have to make it look like shit in order to make it look halfway believable.

The Gordon stuff was barely understandable and the imagery was not impressive in the slightest.

I'll be there opening night based on the strength of the first two films but my expectations are middling thus far.

Darryll and I discussed what may appear to be Nolan's attempt to silence those who criticize his filming of fight scenes with Bane and Batman squaring off but there's reasons that these fight scenes are muddy. Bale and Hardy are not Norris and Lee. You have to make it look like shit in order to make it look halfway believable.

I've read a few times here and there that the lack of (literal) focus on the action in the Nolan Batman films was an attempt to bring the "focus" of the films to the drama instead.

An idea to explore, seeing as they have to reboot Batman after this.

Does anyone else think Nolan is going to kill Batman at the end of this? The word "kill" having a few possible meanings, but basically write a scenario in which there's no way to piggyback off this continuity?

Frankly, I think they should give Batman a break after this film and concentrate on making franchises centered around characters who aren't DC's big two. I'd love to see a Dick Grayson-centric franchise in a different continuity, beginning with him becoming Robin and maybe ending with him forming the Titans, becoming Nightwing, or even becoming Batman permanently.

An idea to explore, seeing as they have to reboot Batman after this.

Does anyone else think Nolan is going to kill Batman at the end of this? The word "kill" having a few possible meanings, but basically write a scenario in which there's no way to piggyback off this continuity?

Heard that rumour, at this point, Nolan can do whatever he wants with the films, and I'll go see them. He's proven with his film track record that he knows what he wants from movies, and he will try and make it as interesting as possible.

I enjoyed the trailer, I'm not going to disect it and say "Why did they do this or that!?" the way I see it, they used old footage because they wanted to show how far Bruce has come along since Begins, and the issues he's dealt with.

And people should remember that for TDK the teaser trailer was just the bat logo and some out of context dialogue from the movie.

If he is, I sure hope it makes him bigger with effects, cause he's tiny.

The outfit doesn't make him look big, and he's a couple of inches shorter than Bale, but I've no doubt that Nolan can make Hardy intimidating physically. I've also no doubt that when they film bits where he's got his shirt off Bane will look completely massive, because Hardy's managed that before.

I've no problem with Bane being of a size with Batman as long as it's clear that he's physically more intimidating.