The Doctor Who thread

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm expecting to see a lot of people roll their eyes and cross their arms at the news that Tennant and Rose will be back. I suppose I see an argument for it being too soon or something, but seeing as how it'll be the 50th anniversary I can't help but imagine that all the stops will be pulled and that it'll be awesome. I'm really looking forward to it.

There's a rumor that Clara is

also CAL, from "Silence in the Library" / "Forest of the Dead," and I think the leaf (RE: forest) in her book (RE: library) is a clue.

She'll be just lips, teeth and hair now according to the projections I made a few years ago.

So the real world Cassandra, essentially.

Thing is that you don't actually need all that extra space. It's only three people, and I can only think of a couple of times that they even bothered using the layer structure of the last design effectively, and one of those was an upskirt joke in a 5 minute short.

I greatly enjoyed it. Smith and Coleman worked well together, it had a nice pace and there were a lot of fun bits.

The scene on the plane(even if that was released before) and the Doctor on that anti-gravity motorcycle had me giggling like a madman.

Some little things bothered me, though. First was the pre-credits bit. It just felt way too much like the end of Blink. Second, how can any young person living in a first world nation not know how to use computers? And last was how "Doctor Who" and the name Oswin were included. That felt like a moment from an RTD season. I guess I can see how it's the start of the series after 3 months, but I think it can still be done more naturally.

Thing is that you don't actually need all that extra space. It's only three people, and I can only think of a couple of times that they even bothered using the layer structure of the last design effectively, and one of those was an upskirt joke in a 5 minute short.

Yeah but it really sells the bigger on the inside idea. It seemed way more expansive before. Even the 9th Doctors interior did and that was one area. Also they are still using the layered structure and I know we are early on in its use of the series but what are they really going to do with that bottom layer?

Its too sterile for my liking which I know is just a personal thing. I except it in the classic series. Here, it bothers me. I'm much more in tune with the 8th and 9th interior. A bit messy, mad scientist feel to it.

65332_629976303683067_1511501028_n.jpg

Unless they are engaging in some epic level trolling, it's happening, for reals.

And my bet is that they'll be revealing the others, they revealed Tennant and Piper to get the more recent fans in early.

Also, something about this week's ep that bothers me the more I think about it.

So, when Evil CEO Lady uses her mind control iPad, it's EEEEEVIL, but when the Doctor uses it, it's totes for good. Erm. That's a bit of a double standard, writers.

That, and Clarawin suddenly becoming a super computer genius after the aborted merging with the Cloud.