The Doctor Who thread

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'd say New Earth. Sure, Cassandra is human, but come on. Everyone else is a clone, a cat, or an alien. (The ending, where we see Chip / Cassandra go back in time, could disqualify it. But I thought I'd toss it out there nonetheless.)

It was a speech for the sake of a speech. A very good one but it wasn't really built to or meaningful in the larger context of the series. Plus Dr Who just feels wrong when it tries to do the Mos Eisley Cantina setup, it feels derivative.

I'd say New Earth. Sure, Cassandra is human, but come on. Everyone else is a clone, a cat, or an alien. (The ending, where we see Chip / Cassandra go back in time, could disqualify it. But I thought I'd toss it out there nonetheless.)

But so much of the episodes traces ancestry back to humans and earth. This was something with no relation to humankind. I do think that The Doctors Wife is the only one.

Sorry if this has already been posted, but Jenna-Louise Coleman was on the Nerdist podcast and let it slip that

in a future episode titled "The Heart of the TARDIS" or "Journey to the Heart of the TARDIS"(I can't remember which) we will get to see a bunch of the rooms we never get to see.

There are Moffat haters, who are now saying that Moffats who is full of forced sentimentality, the end of the seasons are always a cop out, the episodes are all about the companion and the 11th doctor mopes too much and cant move on when his companion goes.

They say that none of that happend under RTD???

That was terrific. Not a classic, but a good, solid, old-school base under siege that took a (to be honest) kind of goofy monster and made it properly threatening.

I didn't love the realization of his face, but it worked well enough and was VERY glad we never got a good look at his body.

Mark Gatiss has written some wonderful episodes (The Unquiet Dead, Night Terrors) and some less successful ones (The Idiot's Lantern, Victory of the Daleks). However, he has a really good voice for the show, and based on Cold War, and if he's tapped to take over after Moffat, as I've heard more than once, I would be okay with that.