Random movie and tv thoughts

JackFetch

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

He lost interest in being Writer/Director Kevin Smith years ago. However, being Podcaster/Raconteur/Living Cartoon Character Kevin Smith requires that he produce something occasionally to keep the beast that is his dwindling fanbase fed. When you don't play well with others, your avenues for being able to do that get pretty scarce, and Lord knows podcasting can only buy so many hockey sweaters and jean shorts.

Kevin Smith is a couple of years away from sitting next to Jerry Lawler at conventions signing 8x10's. I honestly liked Red State, it was unfinished but it had ideas at work. However he's not going to get that shot again, from anyone. He's too successful to work from the bottom but he's had to many flops to stay at the top.

Remember that mediocre live Sound of Music special on NBC? They are doing it again. This time with Peter Pan. Did I mention Christopher Walken is playing Captain Hook? They tried to get Kristen Bell to play Peter, but she couldn't do it. I never understood why a girl still always plays Peter Pan. It's 2014, the reason is originally happened doesn't exist anymore. It's kind of weird to me and always takes me out of the story.

I love that Spielberg said that he wants to go back and watch Hook to see if there was anything he liked about it in hindsight. Even he knew it sucked.

You wash your mouth out, sir! Had the stars aligned differently, we could have picked that for HAA! due to Bob Hoskins' masterful interpretation of Mr Smee.

For anyone else balking - if you have Amazon Prime (and even if you don't there's a free month trial), the entirety of S1 is available streaming, too, if that makes it easier.

It may take you a few episodes to get into it, but honestly, it's one of the best shows on network TV right now, and I'm over the moon that it got S3.

And Des: 8D. And if I remember correctly, you're right at the point where the show pretty much goes into overdrive for the rest of the season.