What are you watching and enjoying?

SuaveStar

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Going through Avatar: The Last Airbender again, and DW is right, this is a superb animated show. The voice cast alone is awesome, the significant villains of the show include Jason Isaacs, Clancy Brown and Mark F'N Hamill.

Plus once again great humour, the best action I've seen in a mass-produced kids TV show and a lot of real heart behind it. Plus, as I've stated elsewhere, Iroh is one of my all time favourite characters. He's just hugely entertaining as well as being an understated but huge influence on the events of the show itself.

I watched 28 Days Later for the first time last night. Perfectly decent movie, although I wasn't expecting full frontal male nudity as a means of starting the film.

I know you Ian, you didn't just expect it, you demanded it!

28 days deserves the credit for revitalising zombie or zombie style films. Its a great little flick, rendered in a thoroughly believable scenario (the setting and consequences, not the rage infecting monkeys).

I bought the boxset of Captain Scarlet the other week and have watched the first 6 episodes. Despite some slight cheesiness and the odd plothole or two, it really refreshed why I used to love this show as a young'un. I think it trumps Thunderbirds on the basis of being generally darker, what with Captain Black being terrifying and the Mysterons being a remorseless force that can kill randomly and without much complication. As much as I like The Hood, he doesn't hold a candle to the Mysterons.

Y’know, as dumb as Wild Wild West is, I’ve always enjoyed it. There just aren’t enough films with cowboys fighting giant mechanical spiders.

Anyway:

Sita Sings the Blues. A really cool animated movie available for free thanks to some copyright issues involving the use of several Annette Hanshaw recordings. It’s a movie that was written, directed, animated and produced almost entirely by one person; Nina Paley. It didn’t set my world on fire, but I thought it was clever, and the music was fantastic.

Grave of the Fireflies. My DVD was too scratched up. It managed to get to the last ten minutes without any major hitches, and that’s it. Really interesting film though. I intend to watch it in full at some point in the near future.

The A-Team. A whole lot of fun. Shaky cam is always annoying though.

Y’know, as dumb as Wild Wild West is, I’ve always enjoyed it. There just aren’t enough films with cowboys fighting giant mechanical spiders.

I can't wait for John Favreau's Cowboys versus Aliens for this precise reason.

Wild, Wild West wasted two of the greatest Shakespearean actors of our time, and for that I can never forgive it.

Ken Branagh and Kevin Kline are going to take your soul one night. I fucking swear it.

EDIT: Not that I wouldn't want to see Smith in Hamlet or Othello.

Let Kline try to take a role he doesn't bore the world to death with first.

I have nothing bad to say about Branagh. He can pretty much out-act damn near everyone in Hollywood.

Ken Branagh and Kevin Kline are going to take your soul one night. I fucking swear it.

EDIT: Not that I wouldn't want to see Smith in Hamlet or Othello.

Let Kline try to take a role he doesn't bore the world to death with first.

Hamlet? Cyrano? Nick Bottom in Midsummer?

Just signed up for Love Film, so need some suggestions for good films. Can anyone offer some films to add to my list?

American Beauty

Sunset BLVD.

All About Eve

Cube

Dark City

Clueless

Sunshine

Coraline

Crossroads

Dune (Either the mini-series or David Lynch Film)

A Mighty Wind

Funny Farm

Galaxy Quest

Dirty Rotten Scoundrels

Adaptation

Labyrinth

The Wizard of Oz

I could probably go on forever but there's a pretty varied assortment in there.

Just signed up for Love Film, so need some suggestions for good films. Can anyone offer some films to add to my list?

American Beauty

Sunset BLVD.

All About Eve

Cube

Dark City

Clueless

Sunshine

Coraline

Crossroads

Dune (Either the mini-series or David Lynch Film)

A Mighty Wind

Funny Farm

Galaxy Quest

Dirty Rotten Scoundrels

Adaptation

Labyrinth

The Wizard of Oz

I could probably go on forever but there's a pretty varied assortment in there.

Thanks Will. My list is looking better already.