Superman: Man of Steel

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Meloni would make a pretty good Lex Luthor or even John Corben, he's young enough to play in Superman's early years and is a great actor. I'd love to see him in either role. Him playing General Sam Lane, I'm hesitant on, only because he is young and even though make up can make him look older(like Marlon Brando)I think he'd be a better fit for a different character.

I'd love to see a veteran actor like R. Lee Ermey or his twin play the role, I know he's basically type cast in the drill sergeant role, but it because he is so good at it.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

After thinking about it, I've come to the conclusion that I just don't care. Fishburne is a good actor, but I have no faith in this movie so I refuse to get emotionally invested in it.

Any reason, or is approaching the film with an open mind too hard an ask?

After thinking about it, I've come to the conclusion that I just don't care. Fishburne is a good actor, but I have no faith in this movie so I refuse to get emotionally invested in it.

I'm afraid it's going to be too much like The Dark Knight, and that's not what Superman is. Those movies work because of who Batman is. He's a dark character that's supposed to be menacing. Superman is the opposite of that, and if you put him in a darker setting it goes against what he is. It also doesn't help that I'm not a Nolan fan.

Nolan's producing, but Snyder's in charge of directing the picture. If you were choosing someone to be worried about, outside of your dislike of Nolan, I would be a lot more worried about Snyder's track record and the movie's he's made as of late. Visually, he does stunning work. The other parts of his films... not so much.

I'm afraid it's going to be too much like The Dark Knight, and that's not what Superman is. Those movies work because of who Batman is. He's a dark character that's supposed to be menacing. Superman is the opposite of that, and if you put him in a darker setting it goes against what he is.

I actually kind of disagree with the very last point: To piggy-back off of something said on Better in the Dark, Superman could be put in a darker-than-usual world and it could potentially work if he was a bright beacon of hope in such a world, rather than a product of it like Batman is. But at this point who knows what his world in this film will be like? He could still be in a bright world like he usually is and the movie could still be bad for whatever reason.