Everything DC

JackFetch

• Replies 947
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, it sounds like what they did with Green Lantern and Young Justice: have random delays and promises of "it'll be back next year!" BTB has average ratings at best, and has no specific toy line supporting it. It's basically doomed at this point.

And it's funny; I really don't care. It's not a very good show.

Actually, it sounds like what they did with Green Lantern and Young Justice: have random delays and promises of "it'll be back next year!" BTB has average ratings at best, and has no specific toy line supporting it. It's basically doomed at this point.

And it's funny; I really don't care. It's not a very good show.

In an update, the first issue of the BTB tie-in comic has just went on sale this past wednesday.

The rumor is that Wonder Woman will show up in Batman vs Superman, and Jaimie Alexander, who plays Sif in the Thor movies might be up for the role. She said she knows the plot for it, and said she has been talking to both Marvel and WB. There is also talk of a Sif spinoff, so she could have a very busy year next year.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/markhughes/2013/11/02/exclusive-jaimie-alexander-talks-thor-sequels-wonder-woman-and-batman-vs-superman/

Is Warner Bros. closer to finding the woman who could play Wonder Woman in the untitled “Batman-Superman” pic?

Sources tell Variety that “Fast and Furious” actress Gal Gadot, “G.I. Joe: Retaliation” thesp Elodie Yung and Olga Kurylenko have or will test for the female lead, which appears to be the role of Diana Prince aka Wonder Woman. Sources stress there’s still a possibility this role could be Bruce Wayne’s love interest but the casting description of “tall, brunette, athletic and exotic” also matches that of the Wonder Woman character in the comics.

Schmoes Know reported earlier in the week Kurylenko had auditioned and sources add there is a possibility a fourth girl could be added to the list. Recent reports suggested “Thor” actress for Jaimie Alexander would be up for the part but Alexander’s obligation to future Marvel pics takes her out of the running since it’s a DC comics property.

The Wonder Woman rumor has been kicked around for some time and insiders believe the plan is to not just have Batman appear in the film, in addition to Superman, but several members of the Justice League as well. It’s unclear which members but Wonder Woman (Diana Prince) and the Flash are said to be locks to make an appearance in some fashion, whether that’s a significant role or a cameo.

Directed by “Man of Steel” filmmaker Zack Snyder, the Batman-Superman feature opens worldwide on July 17, 2015, with Ben Affleck and Henry Cavill co-starring.

http://variety.com/2013/film/news/batman-superman-1200665552/

Gal Gadot is way too skinny for WW. Elodie Young looks the part, but isn't very tall. I like Olga Kurylenko, but she wouldn't be my choice for the role. IMHO, Jessica Biel if you want a known name, or Jaimie Alexander would be perfect for WW.

Steel is one of those movies that I don't even want to cover on the Tirades because it will be so painful just to sit through. Like Son of the Mask.

I'll say this much. Steel is a ridiculous movie. Son of the Mask is an offensively bad movie. Were I in a situation in which a gun was against my head forcing me to watch either one on loop, I'd happily choose Steel. Son of the Mask is the more Tirades-worthy of the two.