The Amazing Spider-Man

JackFetch

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can anyone explain why in the blue fuck it looks like that's a Spider-Man movie that I can't take my kids to?

I thought they were "skewing young," but my kids can watch the Raimi films for God's sake.

Ugh. Fuck that noise.

How was anything in that trailer darker than Norman getting a glider through the chest or Doctor Octopus' arms massacring a hospital room?

Also, figured out exactly what's bothering me. This doesn't feel like Spiderman, it feels like a Batman movie. Yeah, Peters past isn't the brightest, but he's still a pretty upbeat, funny guy. I don't get that from this at ALL.

Spider-Man is upbeat because Peter's life sucks.

I don't think that this trailer (which is basically a teaser) is quite enough to suddenly say that this is a dark, gritty Spider-Man movie. We're only getting a few brief glimpses here and there. Since this is somewhat supposed to be based off Ultimate Spider-Man, I think it's fair to point out how the first arc or two of USM had some of this dark brooding stuff, but it didn't define the story as a whole. Peter was upset about the loss of his parents (as someone who's gone through something similar, I can relate), and yes, it was a big deal in his teen years. It coupled with the teasing he was getting in high school, and made his life a little bit of a hell. He was still somewhat quippy and maintained a generally affable persona, but he had his sadder moments. When he got Spider-powers, of course, things started to massively shift towards the upbeat. We don't really see that shift in the trailer.

Is it just me, or are a lot of teaser trailers being dissected for critical review right now?

For my tuppence, it does seem a bit on the broody side and it has the Raimi films to beat, but that's my problem in 2012, not this year. I'm behind enough on Comic Reel-lief as it is.

Is it just me, or are a lot of teaser trailers being dissected for critical review right now?

It's not just you.

It's a teaser trailer for a movie that's not out for another year, which very often differs from the finished product and features stuff that's never seen in the actual movie. Let's all give it a little more time before we decide it's "too Twilight" or whatever.

FUCK Emma Stone is hot!

I liked the first person view. I really liked the Rami tumbling in the wind Spidey so I would have been upset if they did that again. I think this is a cool look at it. From the limited comics I've read of Spidey, there are a number of panels that use that view aren't there?

Also, figured out exactly what's bothering me. This doesn't feel like Spiderman, it feels like a Batman movie. Yeah, Peters past isn't the brightest, but he's still a pretty upbeat, funny guy. I don't get that from this at ALL.

I thought it was that he was a wisecracking smart-ass as Spidey because it keeps him from being overwhelmed by the immense fear he has of his arch-nemeses in battle.

I thought it was that he was a wisecracking smart-ass as Spidey because it keeps him from being overwhelmed by the immense fear he has of his arch-nemeses in battle.

I thought it was to annoy his foe into getting mad and making stupid mistakes.

Yeah, it's a little of everything. Plus (and I like this take on the character) writers like Brian Bendis and Jason Aaron are establishing that just by nature, Spider-Man is a very talkative and fairly annoying person to be around even if you aren't his enemy.

Spider-Man should be bright colors and fast paced action. Except for the end(which won't be in the movie) this teaser looks like someone just watched The Dark Knight right before cutting it.

To be fair, TDK was the most successful super-hero movie ever, so you can't really blame them for trying to make this look similar. All the sad emo shite that was in the trailer about his parents will probably be dealt with in about twenty minutes in the movie, which is a lot longer than it got in the Raimi films.