Every film you've watched in 2014

Koete

• Replies 661
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Magnolia

Rats: Night of Terror

Would make an interesting double feature, if Magnolia was conducive to being watched with anything else.

Edit: Seeking a Friend for the End of the World-Carrell is subdued and Knightly is remarkably earnest and not played as precious. I enjoyed this one immensely. It was pretty funny at times too. A lot of great supporting comedic roles. Good stuff.

Feature Films: 115

Documentaries: 22
Shorts: 17
Rewatches:2

Dark Dungeons: I liked it mostly. There were a couple of points that they descended a bit too far into parody. One of the charms of the tract that spawned it is that it was meant to be serious. This, I still found hilarious but for entirely different reasons. Still, worth the five dollars.

What kills me is how closely they stuck to the tract. They really aren't playing up the ridiculousness; they trust the comic to do that work for them.

This was fun. While it's always nice to see the DG guys, I'm glad the regulars stuck to small roles and brought in some new faces. Definitely worth the $5.

National Treasure: Fun, pretty stupid in parts, and a little bit annoying. Cage saves the day, though and amps up the fun. Fun Fact: The same actor plays the father of Ben Gates from NT and Lara Croft from Tomb Raider. I smell crossover!!!

Midnight Game: a 68 minute movie with credits slower than Heinz Ketchup commercials make their ketchup out to be.

Feature Films: 117

Documentaries: 22
Shorts: 17
Rewatches:2

Cage saves the day, though and amps up the fun.

Oddly, I like National Treasure despite Cage.

The sequel wasn't that bad either.

I remember watching it in the dollar theater and was unsure about NT until the car chase. During my last mission trip to Honduras I met with a goofy praise and worship leader that everyone called "Riley" after Riley Poole.

If you value your life and your sanity (especially your sanity), stay away from the second one...

I'm pretty sure that the overlord of Dread Media and reviewer of many nasty, mean-spirited and bloody horror movies will be able to cope with Ghost Rider 2.

Heck, I've seen Ghost Rider 2, and there's absolutely nothing wrong with my astral banana rhombus.

Regarding the last few DTV DC Animated films. Flashpoint is intended to have started a new continuity for their films, although Assualt on Arkham is based on the video game continuity. Flashpoint, JL:WAR, Son of Batman and the upcoming Aquaman movie are on in the same universe. I interviewed James Tucker at SDCC about it, and he said the plan was to do a few new 52 films at a time, then something different every now and then to shake things up. Also Batman has the same voice actor and design in JL:WAR and Son of Batman.

If you value your life and your sanity (especially your sanity), stay away from the second one...

I'm pretty sure that the overlord of Dread Media and reviewer of many nasty, mean-spirited and bloody horror movies will be able to cope with Ghost Rider 2.

Heck, I've seen Ghost Rider 2, and there's absolutely nothing wrong with my astral banana rhombus.

I can guarantee I have seen things far worse.

Here's where I come in and say that I actually like Ghost Rider 2. Then Ian says I'm dumb and the cycle continues until the next time the movie is mentioned.

T

What are they? So I know to avoid them as if they were ebola.

I've seen movies people have shot in their back yards over the span of six years on three different kinds of film stock. Even mixtures of Hi-8 and Digital 8 on handicams.

I've seen movies with people screaming in abject terror over what appears to be a taxidermied dog.

I've seen movies with 10 seconds of silence in between line delivery, not for the reason of tension or emotion, but to simply pad it out to feature length.

I've seen movies where the eye candy cheesecake chick clearly has a botched boob job.

I've seen movies where a killer murders people engaged in the act of love with a wooden dildo.

None of the above had Nicolas Cage.

I've seen some shit, bro.