Every film you've watched in 2014

Koete

• Replies 661
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Harry and the Hendersons-John Lithgow is, as always, brilliant. Rick Baker's monster design is totally at its peak here. He created a character with Harry who has so much damned screen time that you expect the "seams" to show, but you completely buy a real sasquatch as a character in this movie. Totally fun. My kids - who are fucking Bigfoot crazy right now - loved it.

Feature Films: 122

Documentaries: 22
Shorts: 17
Rewatches:2

The series ran in syndication for three years. I remember it being paired with Out of This World on my local station growing up for it's first season.

Whoa! I stand corrected.

X-Men Days of Future Past: Kind of a muddled film plotwise, but it is always a blast to see Fassbender's Magneto, and he has a shitload of screen time in this one. Liked to see him and Jackman together. Don't like Lawrence one bit in this movie. It felt like she was meeting a contractual agreement and not involved in the film. This movie has, hands down, the BEST depiction of superpowers on film ever. Quicksilver, Blink, Magneto, Iceman. Good shit. There are more minority characters in this film than there are lines spoken by a minority character, and that's a big problem.

Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Dog Days: Ugh....what is Steve Zahn doing with his life?

The Horseman: Pretty intense indie revenge thriller from Australia.

Feature Films: 125

There are more minority characters in this film than there are lines spoken by a minority character, and that's a big problem.

Yeah. Not familiar with most of them, but Omar Sy (Bishop) is actually quite a good actor, at least in The Intouchables.

Noah- A sweeping, cathartic, well-acted, and masterfully-directed tale. But my God did it not make sense.

Gladiator- Boy did this not hold up. While Reed, Jacobi, and even Crowe were very good and Bottom was PHENOMENAL, the characters have no depth while the story is slow, anticlimactic, and doesn't stand up to even the shallowest of historical scrutiny. Even the soundtrack, though good on overall, often didn't seem to gel with the action and the poetic, non-Latin wailing just seemed pretentious.

Planes, Trains, and Automobiles- Man do I wish I'd seen this the other week. See FBOW suggestion thread for more.

Runner Runner: Last year, Justin Timberlake, Ben Affleck and Anthony Mackie all starred in a topical thriller about online gambling and apparently no one saw it. The acting is all aces. These guys, all three, have charisma to spare. Each of them is a movie star. The movie sits at just over 90 minutes, which I would usually appreciate, but in this case it felt like we got so little of the motivation and only a bare bones plot. It felt strange. But then again, it has Gemma Arterton. That's a bonus.

Feature Films: 127

Iron Man: There are problems with the movie. I like it a lot but there are some timing issues and some questionable moments. Still, always enjoyable and worth watching.

Captain America: The Winter Soldier: I stand by what I said about this being the best Marvel movie. Guardians is close but still. Some good performances, great action scenes, and a good plot.

A Night at the Opera: There are two kinds of people: Duck Soup people and A Night at the Opera people. I am firmly a Duck Soup guy. That said, Opera is still a classic. The storeroom scene is comedy gold and everything else is great. What drags it down for me are the scenes with the couple. Kitty Carlisle is a great actor but yeah, the romance subplot has no place here.

Red: Not quite as funny as I remember but still enjoyable as all hell. Helen Mitten is the real star here.

Films: 52

Documentaries: 2

Direct to DVD Films: 6

Short Flms: 1

Rifftrax/MST3k Assisted Films: 9

Rewatch: 2

Red: Not quite as funny as I remember but still enjoyable as all hell. Helen Mitten is the real star here.

I glove her as an actress.

She is certainly blessed mitt a great deal of talent.

You gauntlet yourself forget about the fact that she's almost as hot now as she was when she was 25.